What are the new features of Android 10 you like best?

Connert

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
I've always liked the soft keys for navigation (home,back,resent) but I'm going to give the new gestures an honest try. I'm about 3 hours in and so far so good.

I think what I like most so far is being able to clean up the camera UI to just have what you use most at the bottom. Time will tell, I'm sure I will come across other features I like as I keep playing and reading.

This forum has always been the best place to learn new things about my device and I'm sure this update will be no exception.

What are your likes so far?

Hermes Hidayat

Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I've always liked the soft keys for navigation (home,back,resent) but I'm going to give the new gestures an honest try. I'm about 3 hours in and so far so good.

I think what I like most so far is being able to clean up the camera UI to just have what you use most at the bottom. Time will tell, I'm sure I will come across other features I like as I keep playing and reading.

This forum has always been the best place to learn new things about my device and I'm sure this update will be no exception.

What kind of gestures? I need the Navbar for lockscreen haha.

isired

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
I decided to try the full screen gestures about a week after I got the phone pre-ordered, rec'd in September) - took a few days to adjust, but I've been using them ever since.

sweetypie31

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
Ooh I like the option to swipe from the side. I'm not a huge fan of the gestures because I feel like that gets in the way of my Samsung pay app but swiping from the side might work better for me. I'll try them whenever Att decides to let me have the update. Lol
There are a number of new options. Some pictured below and other changes as well. I guess you can see it all and try it out when you get it. View attachment 314536View attachment 314537View attachment 314538View attachment 314539

Connert

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
Ooh I like the option to swipe from the side. I'm not a huge fan of the gestures because I feel like that gets in the way of my Samsung pay app but swiping from the side might work better for me. I'll try them whenever Att decides to let me have the update. Lol
Swiping from the side is definitely nice for me. The swip up and hold for resent apps seems a little unpolished, but them again it could just be me. I'm still working with it.

Seems the double pull down to switch between last two isn't working for me, but I have it so the pull down opens my notifications curtain. I may change that for a little while and see how I like it.

Connert

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
Well, apparently you can't flip between the last two apps while using gestures. I must have seen that feature for Android 10 but not on a Samsung.

Lepa79

Apr 5, 2015
Visit site
Well, apparently you can't flip between the last two apps while using gestures. I must have seen that feature for Android 10 but not on a Samsung.
Pixel 3 xl and can flip between apps by just swiping at the very bottom (left and right).

Xxwabbit

Oct 9, 2013
Visit site
Has the double tap power button option to launch camera always been there? I like that feature. I do miss the twist-the-wrist option on my droid.

msm0511

Trusted Member
Aug 23, 2014
Visit site
I'm still on the beta, but the new gestures are my favorite feature. They make much more sense, and are easier to use than the way Samsung initially implemented them.

mxrider821

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site

Please please look up forums before creating a whole new thread. I just did a official forum on this exact topic... 🙁

https://forums.androidcentral.com/s...-official-first-impressions-new-features.html

Connert

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
Please please look up forums before creating a whole new thread. I just did a official forum on this exact topic...

https://forums.androidcentral.com/s...-official-first-impressions-new-features.html
I actually read your official thread before I started this one. Your official thread has several people working through problems they are experiencing after the upgrade.

I thought it'd be nice to have a positive thread about what new features our fellow Note 10 users are enjoying most about the new update. I was attempting to avoid interrupting the people trying to work through updates that didn't go so well. So, here is my unofficial "what I like most" thread. Have a good day.

msm0511

Trusted Member
Aug 23, 2014
Visit site
I actually read your official thread before I started this one. Your official thread has several people working through problems they are experiencing after the upgrade.

I thought it'd be nice to have a positive thread about what new features our fellow Note 10 users are enjoying most about the new update. I was attempting to avoid interrupting the people trying to work through updates that didn't go so well. So, here is my unofficial "what I like most" thread. Have a good day.

Please please look up forums before creating a whole new thread. I just did a official forum on this exact topic... ??????

To be fair, the only "official" threads are those made by MoNa staff/volunteers or those that get made stickies. As long as the topics aren't doubles, spam, in the wrong place, etc. new posts are always a good thing.