What are the new features of Android 10 you like best?

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site

Connert

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
I'm still on the beta, but the new gestures are my favorite feature. They make much more sense, and are easier to use than the way Samsung initially implemented them.
I am the best part of a day now working with the gestures. I agree with you 100% on this point. The new gestures seem much more natural, I really like the swip in from either side to go back. The swip up and hold is the one that has taken the most effort for me to get the hang of. It has gotten much smoother as time goes on.

msm0511

Trusted Member
Aug 23, 2014
Visit site
I am the best part of a day now working with the gestures. I agree with you 100% on this point. The new gestures seem much more natural, I really like the swip in from either side to go back. The swip up and hold is the one that has taken the most effort for me to get the hang of. It has gotten much smoother as time goes on.

I'm used to the swipe up for recents b/c I also use iOS.

j_hansen

Oct 16, 2012
Visit site
Haven't gotten it yet but there doesn't seem to be much new to it if you are already using goodlock/nicelock and/or a different launcher

mxrider821

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
I don't think the OP meant any disrespect to you and having read his explanation for creating this thread, hopefully you agree.

Thanks to both of you for creating such successful lively threads.

Exactly! I just did not want people to create the same thread with the similar topic. Everything should be in the same place so there isn't multiple threads about the same thing 🤦*♂️

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Exactly! I just did not want people to create the same thread with the similar topic. Everything should be in the same place so there isn't multiple threads about the same thing *

...let the Moderators handle it.

Connert

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
Haven't gotten it yet but there doesn't seem to be much new to it if you are already using goodlock/nicelock and/or a different launcher
100% correct
After about 3 days now I have to agree. I view this as a very positive situation.

I like the idea that maybe the OS is getting to the point it just requires a few minor tweaks from time to time and might require an upgrade only when something new comes up for hardware or other technologies.

The new gestures are nice and I've started getting use to them, another few days and they will be old hat. I also like the camera UI changes. Other than that, not much of a change. It has definitely been smooth for me.

burwil

Dec 11, 2009
Visit site
I went from the iPhone Max to the Note 10. I got very accustomed to using gestures on the iPhone. And then when i went to the Note I became just as accustomed to using the soft keys.

msm0511

Trusted Member
Aug 23, 2014
Visit site
I like the idea that maybe the OS is getting to the point it just requires a few minor tweaks from time to time and might require an upgrade only when something new comes up for hardware or other technologies.

Android 10 was mostly an under the hood update. The few new features that Google released with 10 Samsung mostly already had with One UI. I suspect 11 will be a bigger feature change update, but we'll have to wait and see.

zipro

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
In any case: congrats to Samsung. They’ve been making an excellent effort to update their handsets promptly now. Only a few months behind the Pixel now and with a lot of cool additional functionality. And weirdly, in a blind test a few days back they also won the camera competition.

Rickey Shortt

Jun 28, 2013
Visit site
I definitely like the new gesture navigation system, both for its simplicity and the increased screen real estate. Also the more granular privacy and location controls.

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
Can someone help me to install Android 10 on my Huawei P30 Pro? I am a newbie
Don't know about Huawei, but this is how on Samsung's. Just open settings and scroll down and see if there is a system update, if not check about phone, used to be in there.
56cdc92e837c551f19b9512731360b2f.jpg