What are you going to do with 256GB storage?

flyingkytez

Banned
Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
The best model of the V30s will have 256GB storage plus a micro SD slot (meanwhile other manufactures are pushing for cloud services). What do you plan to use it for? I have so much movies, music, and games I can easily fill it up. I can finally load my entire Simpsons and Family Guy episodes on my phone! A dream come true... Now you can seriously consider your phone as a computer. Cast your screen + use a USB or Bluetooth keyboard/mouse and you're all set.

jeetu4444

Trusted Member
Sep 3, 2014
Visit site
store more stuff like music movies and shoot lot of 4k videos...and never worry about storage warnings ...thou I think perfect is 128gb...

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
The best model of the V30s will have 256GB storage plus a micro SD slot (meanwhile other manufactures are pushing for cloud services). What do you plan to use it for? I have so much movies, music, and games I can easily fill it up. I can finally load my entire Simpsons and Family Guy episodes on my phone! A dream come true... Now you can seriously consider your phone as a computer. Cast your screen + use a USB or Bluetooth keyboard/mouse and you're all set.

I get storing your stuff on your phone for trips or if you have a low data plan so the storage is a win win (I believe 128 GB should be the minimum on a phone) but the connecting my phone to a screen by casting would mean I have WiFi and streaming would be a lot easier. I personally have Chromecast Utlra, Fire TV 4k, Apple TV 4k, etc. -- no real need to use my phone as the media player. Especially not w/ a keyboard and mouse. I have a real PC for that (which will smoke any phone any day for years and years) :p.

Pollster

Dec 1, 2011
Visit site
I think it's more than simply not trusting that I will 100% always have data left on my plan or that data will be available every inch of the country I travel 24/7/365.

It's also that we haven't reached a place where all the songs I like are available on any ONE plan. I have songs I like that aren't on Google/Amazon/Apple/etc, but they are the exception. What is the rule is that for any playlist, I will always have one song that's not on Pandora, another that isn't on Spotify, etc. There still no way to bring that all together except to ensure I have all the music I like local. Who put this together? Me. Who I trust? Me.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
I have 128GB internal, I'm a software junky and I still have over 74GB free. If I live long enough I'll probably need more storage, but I can always carry a few 256GB (or larger) SD cards and an adapter with me if I need more. (I don't keep a lot of music on my phone, I prefer listening to the radio, and I don't keep movies on my phone.)

But at one time, a 1GB phone was enough. As time goes on, and "developers" get more sloppy, we'll need more storage - until even a small app will be larger than 256GB. (Bill Gates never said it, but the original PC couldn't handle more than about 640KB of user RAM - and the storage in use at the time was 128KB per disk.)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lawrick