What are you upgrading to?

ianmorris75

Nov 17, 2011
Visit site
I've been sitting on my upgrade for a couple months now and was curious what other former Rezound owners were upgrading to. Samsung Galaxy S4 is not attractive to me at all. I dislike the look and feel of the new Droid line. HTC One looks like a great device except it may have an under powered battery and HTCs track record for upgrade support is poor to say the least. After two years with the Rezound what I want most is a smooth running device, great battery life, and a regular updates. Moto X is on my short list atm.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I've been sitting on my upgrade for a couple months now and was curious what other former Rezound owners were upgrading to. Samsung Galaxy S4 is not attractive to me at all. I dislike the look and feel of the new Droid line. HTC One looks like a great device except it may have an under powered battery and HTCs track record for upgrade support is poor to say the least. After two years with the Rezound what I want most is a smooth running device, great battery life, and a regular updates. Moto X is on my short list atm.

The LG G2 is due out soon. That device and the Moto are going to be great sellers.

Postoid

Nov 26, 2011
Visit site
I've been sitting on my upgrade for a couple months now and was curious what other former Rezound owners were upgrading to.

I'll be going after the Moto X. Had my Rezound for 2 years and will just hang on to it. No need to trade-in as it's been just about flawless giving me 2-3 days on a charge with mostly phone calls and many photos. I'll probably loose my unlimited plan as I can upgrade but can't afford full price for the X. Also want to customize on moto maker but VZW might not see it til November? Anyway going for the X .

Joker35

Jan 28, 2010
Visit site
I just upgraded to the Galaxy S4. I could not be happier. I have been a HTC fan for 4-5 years now. But with poor update support and little things, I felt it was time to move on.

May 15, 2013
Visit site
I'm having the exact same quandary. Everyone is talking about how great the HTC One is, but between how quickly HTC phones hit end of life for support and upgrades, and how remarkably crappy my Rezound turned out to be, I'm thinking of going to either the S4 or the Moto X. My biggest concern is the camera. I have a wee-one, and the phone acts as my point and shoot. I've heard great things about the S4, but the interface and plastic feel throw me off (I know, I can just install a custom launcher). I haven't played with the Moto X, but the new Droids look really sweet, and I like the active display so I can check messages quickly before my son realizes my phone is on and wants to play games. However, with as many times as I've had to pull my battery to reset the Rezound, I'm worried about not having access to the battery in the Moto X.

Any thoughts?

ianmorris75

Nov 17, 2011
Visit site
It looks like I'm not the only one who feels burned by their HTC Rezound experience. When I see T-Mobile doing HTC One buy one one get one free deals, it makes me think this phone is at the end of it's life. I'm looking hard at either the Moto X or Droid Maxx. I really like the software options that Moto is putting in their new phones. I'm trying hard to justify the extra $100 dollars to get the Maxx over the X. I just don't like Touch Wiz and though I do sometimes run a different launcher, I don't like the idea that I would have to run one with the S4.

I think most phones with an internal battery have a hard reboot option that does the same as a battery pull.

May 15, 2013
Visit site
I just talked to one of the most knowledgable reps I've met at the Verizon store, and yes, phones that are built without removable backs do have a "battery pull simulation" by pressing a combination of buttons. Plus, she said that, in her experience, all of the motorola phones have been built better than the Samsung phones. The S3 and S4 phones are much more prone to screen cracks and chips. So, I think that sealed it for me to go with the X. Plus, my feeling is, with Google putting some of the updates for the X in the Google Play store, updates won't have to rely on carriers. And, since all carriers will have the phone, there won't be anything proprietary to worry about holding things up, like Verizon likes to do with all of the HTC updates. At least, that's my hope.

dmark44

Mar 2, 2012
Visit site
I have my frustrations with the Rezound, though not to the extent of some of the others on this thread. When I first got it I really liked the screen size and feel of the back. It was heavier and a little thicker than I preferred, but I was hoping they would refine this design for future models.

The Moto X is the same basically the same height & width and also has 720p and 2 GB of RAM, but it is also 1.5 oz lighter, thinner and has a bigger battery. Exactly what I was hoping for in a successor!

Not to mention it also has and ergonomic back plate with a soft touch feel on many of the color options.

Now all I need is 32GB available for Verizon off-contract whether it's a developer edition or Moto maker!

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 4

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SandraC