What are you using to unlock your s8?

MikeLW1984

Dec 28, 2015
Visit site
I have the S8+ and am finding the unlocking options a pain. I'm right handed and it is extremely hard to reach the fps holding in my right hand. I can reach it easily if I hold it with my left. The iris scanner won't work at all for me. Apparently my eyes don't open wide enough to use it. I have to physically force my eyes more open for it to work. Finally facial recognition, I thought this would work well but if I'm not sitting or standing in practically the same position as when I set it up it won't recognize my face. Anyone else having the same problem?

Using the finger print sensor and love it. But I'm sure having long fingers help. It took me about half a day to find the sweet spot but now it's first try every time.

skipatrol

Oct 7, 2012
Visit site
Fingerprint since it's the quickest way to the home screen. All others are a 2 step process (unless I'm missing something)

BTW the location of the scanner works just fine if you have a case on it

KupKrazy

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
I also use a combo of FPS and Iris - whichever is more convenient at the time. It's actually quite easy to unlock.

JD76ers

Jun 3, 2010
Visit site
I am using Iris scanner and 4 digit pin. Iris scanner is real fast. Thinking of trying fast lock at home and car.

Derren Woods

Feb 2, 2015
Visit site
How did you guys set up the iris scanner? Whenever I have tried it just says did not recognise iris try again and I've tried in different lighting conditions and holding my S8 plus at different distances away

Bugwart

Jun 27, 2016
Visit site
Verizon S8+

I am using the iris scanner. It is very fast under normal light - not in direct sunlight. I do not even see the camera rectangle.

I used it last night in the bedroom with the lights out and it worked. It took a a couple of seconds, but it worked.

The iris scanner worked before and after the update.