What are your favorite cases for the Galaxy S7?

marcotronic

Mar 5, 2016
Visit site
I never got a case for any smartphone I owned and they never crashed or anything else (no scratches etc.) - I always love the design of those devices so much that I don't want to hide them in cases. I love to touch that metal etc.

Thegreatone3

Apr 13, 2011
Visit site
I had great luck with the Caseology Wavelength on the S6 Edge last year and I look forward to seeing it on the S7 (regular, since 5.1" is my sweet spot). The waves provide great texture, but I'm interested in how the curves on the hard plastic feel this year. Last year's model was a bit more angular, especially on the back, and I'm a tiny bit worried if this one will fall over if you prop it up against something on your desk, something I do all day at the station.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B019PBJB2...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU5034774
On a scale of 1-10, how would you rate the grip of this case? The Spigen Rugged Armor I'm currently using on the S7 Edge is too slippery for me. Thank you.

Rose4uKY

May 8, 2010
Visit site
I wanted the skyfall I think it was and even for 15 bucks I would probably order it if I knew how well it protected. I don't remember if their were any reviews or not. The skyfall series has gold,navy and rose gold and black no silver. But I think black on silver looks cool. I would do black.

I had great luck with the Caseology Wavelength on the S6 Edge last year and I look forward to seeing it on the S7 (regular, since 5.1" is my sweet spot). The provide great texture, but I'm interested in how the curves on the hard plastic feel this year. Last year's model was a bit more angular, especially on the back, and I'm a tiny bit worried if this one will fall

over if you prop it up against something on your desk, something I do all day at the station.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B019PBJB2...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU5034782

Rose4uKY

May 8, 2010
Visit site
Yeah my husband is used to having a holster and will probably end up getting the holster one. But just to hold him over he's getting this casemate one I think at this t mobile store here in town that has a kickstand. It looks nice!

I am considering this one (supcase unicorn beetle) because I have it for my Moto X 2013. Any opinions?

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01BLF3OLO/ref=s9_dcbhz_bw_d0_g107_i1_pd

Someone above referred to the one with the holster.

Rose4uKY

May 8, 2010
Visit site
Best Buy guy told me he loves tech 21 I have never heard of it. I just saw an article on C-Net and it listed 21 top cases and that brand was one of them. But the 1st one shown was this LED one on Samsungs website which I almost bought but instead I got their S Slip cover I liked the style of it better and I have this light up dot view case now on my HTC it's not that great. Hard to see

This might be a bit pricey as a hold-me-over for something online but I can grab it in-store quick (Tech21 Evo Tactical)...?
Tech21 Evo Tactical Case for Samsung Galaxy S7 Cell Phones Black 46742BBR - Best Buy

Ara Wagoner

Jan 21, 2013
Visit site
I wanted the skyfall I think it was and even for 15 bucks I would probably order it if I knew how well it protected. I don't remember if their were any reviews or not. The skyfall series has gold,navy and rose gold and black no silver. But I think black on silver looks cool. I would do black.

The Wavelength I have for the S6 edge has a good lip and protects the phone well enough against the occasional skid on the desk or drop on the newsroom floor. It's a solid case and they build in air pockets to help with falls. That said, with any case, all it takes is one drop at that perfect angle...

Ara Wagoner

Jan 21, 2013
Visit site
I am considering this one (supcase unicorn beetle) because I have it for my Moto X 2013. Any opinions?

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01BLF3OLO/ref=s9_dcbhz_bw_d0_g107_i1_pd

Someone above referred to the one with the holster.

I loves the Supcase on my 2013 X (I had the red one to match my red accents), and it was okay (lip was a little low) on the 2014 X. Those metal dots on the back look odd, I'd be interested in how they deflect energy away from the phone in a drop flat on its back.

Rose4uKY

May 8, 2010
Visit site
Ok so tonight me and my husband we're on Sprint but their cases aren't out yet but this one tmobile store had theirs out. My friend got this black casemate with a kickstand so my husband he was going to get it just to hold him over till he could get the unicorn beetle one. He wanted a case with holster. Well he then figured why not see if Best Buy has a cheap 15 dollar one to hold him over cause the casemate one was 35 but the tmobile store was closing so he just got it thinking he could return it if Best Buy had something cheaper. So we went to Best Buy cause they stay open later and we had to hurry to tmobile they were closing. So off we go to Best Buy and we see the phone on display amazing! My husband loved the display and I'm taking pictures did a selfie.

Anyway their cases weren't out yet but she said he could look at them and she opened up a drawer and hge was going through them looking for ones that said Edge and somehow they came across a case with a holster and kickstand he was like excited. I don't know how good it is but it's their Platunum brand. I hope it's decent and as good as the beetle unicorn one would of been. He's used to Seidio and most recently defender. But this was $40 bucks I found it here on-line Platinum Hard shell with Holster for Samsung Galaxy S7 edge Black PT-MSGS7EPHB - Best Buy The case it self pulls apart like this Seidio surface case I used to have. But he really wanted a case with a holster so I hope this one is decent. I saw the LED light up one from Samsung which is 10 bucks more than my S flip cover at tmobile but it was for the S7 not the edge. But now I am thinking I may want the LED one instead I can't decide. But what a nice looking phone. We can't wait to get it.

Rose4uKY

May 8, 2010
Visit site
My husband found one at Best Buy he's gonna try $40 bucks it's their own series I think Platinum but I hope it's good it's a case with kickstand and holster with kickstand and he really wanted the holster so I hope he likes it. If not we will try the unicorn beatle one.

cajun456

Jul 11, 2015
Visit site
I have this case for my S6 Active. It offers good protection on the corners and has a good grip to it. The circles on the back actually match the ones on the back of the S6 Active.

tomatosouplabs

Sep 15, 2013
Visit site
This might be a bit pricey as a hold-me-over for something online but I can grab it in-store quick (Tech21 Evo Tactical)...?
Tech21 Evo Tactical Case for Samsung Galaxy S7 Cell Phones Black 46742BBR - Best Buy

I went by best buy today to examine this case but could only find the S6 version even though the website said it was in stock and sales people were useless. Anyhow, the S6 case looked decent. Thin but substantial. I may get it and try it out until I find something better even though it's $40 which I usually consider excessive but it's immediately available if I can find a store that actually has it.

KAMware

Mar 8, 2016
Visit site
I have the Spigen on my S7 Edge and I like it a lot. It protects the back and sides but does not interfere with the look of it much. Still shinny and smooth. I also have a Ballistic but have not used it yet. The corners are larger probably protecting the phone more but it will probably also detract from its appearance.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Groenborg