What case are you going to wrap around your Evo 4gLTE?

ericj12

Nov 14, 2011
Visit site
Guess my pic didn't go through.

Otterbox Defender from Best Buy.

Officially sent from my HTC EVO 4G LTE using Android Forums.

i got one too. love the look and feel of it.

the otterbox website says that these otterboxes are waterproof so time to go test it out in the pond!

Cowchip

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Heads up to those who are looking at the Pt case from Best Buy and possibly the Seidio case as well...

When you put the phone into the holster, the latch rides right across the power button which causes the phone to turn on/off almost every time you put the phone in the holster or take it out. More often than not, it is actually causing the phone to reboot. I'd estimate that 75% of the time that I've taken the phone out of the holster I'm greeted by the HTC boot screen and that is BS.

The other option is to cut out the button protector of the Pt case so that there is an indent and the latch won't push on the power button. This is how my Seidio Surface case functioned with my OG EVO 4G.

Anyway, enough is enough. Stopped by Best Buy and they had the Otterbox Defender so I picked that up and will be returning the Pt case soon.

Impulses

Jun 16, 2010
Visit site

I bought this one from Amazon, I was a little disappointed that Diztronic now charges shipping whether thru his site or Amazon, but it did arrive quick as heck (he's great about that, well packed too). No phone yet to try it with tho...

I'm probably gonna buy one of these as well tho, from Cruzerlite:

Facebook

I like the pattern/Andy design and the side grips, plus it's available in smoke colored matte which Diztronic doesn't have yet.

Jaymcp

May 8, 2010
Visit site
I bought this one from Amazon, I was a little disappointed that Diztronic now charges shipping whether thru his site or Amazon, but it did arrive quick as heck (he's great about that, well packed too). No phone yet to try it with tho...

I'm probably gonna buy one of these as well tho, from Cruzerlite:

Facebook

I like the pattern/Andy design and the side grips, plus it's available in smoke colored matte which Diztronic doesn't have yet.

I'm in the same boat. I have three cases (the Diztronic case is my favorite so far), and no phone to put in it. I have three screen protectors too, so I'm prepared as soon as Sprint decides to let me have one.

EDIT: Just looked at the Cruzerlite cases, wish I would have saw those earlier. My wife is putting her foot down until I actually get the phone.

DubM

May 8, 2012
Visit site
How does the built in screen protector with the Otterbox Defender make the EVO LTE screen look?

Is anyone having the problem of moisture accumulating between the otterbox screen and the screen of the phone that is documented on the web in previous versions of this case?

Cowchip

May 17, 2010
Visit site
How does the built in screen protector with the Otterbox Defender make the EVO LTE screen look?

I have to say that I'm disappointed in how it degrades the quality of display, although there has to be some consolation for the protection that the entire case provides. I may just use the Otterbox as needed. Overall I would think that the case is overkill for most users and it creates a lot of bulk.

Feech

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
I had one of the BB PT cases on my OG EVO. I loved that case but for me it caused scratches on the sides of the phone and was generally difficult to take off. I am a little gun shy on buying another, but the EVO LTE does have the metal sides so that problem may not be there anymore, plus with a non removable battery taking off the case would seem not to be needed anymore

DCLocal

Mar 18, 2010
Visit site
I had one of the BB PT cases on my OG EVO. I loved that case but for me it caused scratches on the sides of the phone and was generally difficult to take off. I am a little gun shy on buying another, but the EVO LTE does have the metal sides so that problem may not be there anymore, plus with a non removable battery taking off the case would seem not to be needed anymore

I also had the Best Buy Pt (by Seidio) on my 3D and loved it. The case for the LTE is the same and every bit as good. I didn't have any issues with scratches. It was difficult to remove the first time but once you take it off a couple times it slides on easily. The key is knowing how to remove it, squeeze the edges (of the phone) on the upper half gently while pressing down on the center of the back of the phone on the lower half of the case while sliding the two halves apart. I hope that makes sense- the case really is easy to put on and take off once you do it a couple of times.

I love the soft texture of the case and the protection it provides. I picked up the case with my LTE. Best Buy only had it with the holster which I didn't want so they took $5 off plus the 20% accessory discount w/new phone. The case is well worth the investment.

ericj12

Nov 14, 2011
Visit site

Is anyone having the problem of moisture accumulating between the otterbox screen and the screen of the phone that is documented on the web in previous versions of this case?

i have it. if the screen is off and i hold the phone almost completely sideways, i can see a little of that "oil slick" thing that happens. but i cant notice it when i look straight on and as soon as i turn the screen on it disappears anyway. also, i think the screen look as bright and fine under it. im happy with it...

WeGlobal

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site

From certain angles I can tell that there is a screen protector there, and in direct sunlight the quality doesn't look as normal as it does in normal light....the screen looks almost looks faded in the sun.

Officially sent from my HTC EVO 4G LTE using Android Forums.

Mercury81

Jan 26, 2012
Visit site

This seems to be an issues which a free people I know have used the otter boys with the screen cover case. That's why I seidIo they leave the screen free and open.:D

sent from Evo4G using Tapatalk 2

nightmare

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
I ordered the Diztronic and the OB Commuter. Figured I have some options. After looking at the OB case, it looks to be better designed than the one for the EVO 3D.

midmofan

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
I also had the Best Buy Pt (by Seidio) on my 3D and loved it. The case for the LTE is the same and every bit as good. I didn't have any issues with scratches. It was difficult to remove the first time but once you take it off a couple times it slides on easily. The key is knowing how to remove it, squeeze the edges (of the phone) on the upper half gently while pressing down on the center of the back of the phone on the lower half of the case while sliding the two halves apart. I hope that makes sense- the case really is easy to put on and take off once you do it a couple of times.

I love the soft texture of the case and the protection it provides. I picked up the case with my LTE. Best Buy only had it with the holster which I didn't want so they took $5 off plus the 20% accessory discount w/new phone. The case is well worth the investment.

I got the case with my phone at BB along with a Zagg protector at a special bundle price they gave me. I like the case a lot except for the camera button, does not seem to line up just right and is very hard to push to activate

darkfire

May 27, 2012
Visit site
TPU Case for me. I've had one on my Launch Day Evo 3D and my phone looks like new after MANY drops. I have dropped it from about 4.5-5 feet and there isn't a scratch on the phone even though it has landed screen facing down many times. TPU cases don't add a lot of bulk but offer the complete protection from when you drop your phone. I can't recommend them enough!!

Can you still use a belt clip-type holster with them?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrussellcampbell