What do I need to do to get 5G on my Pixel 6?

fuzzylumpkin

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
Verizon and T-Mobile have 5G in this area. If I wanted to move to 5G, what do I need to do to enable 5G on my Pixel 6.
Thanks.

Sent from my Pixel 6 using
Have 5G in your area and get a 5G plan?

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk[/ mobile app

Sounds like step 1 is complete, now for step 2.

YYour Pixel 6 may not support all versions of 5G offered by your network though, I think you had to pay extra for mmWave.. Don't really remember because don't really care because Europe..

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
Verizon and T-Mobile have 5G in this area. If I wanted to move to 5G, what do I need to do to enable 5G on my Pixel 6.
Thanks.

Sent from my Pixel 6 using AC Forums mobile app
Verizon's nationwide 5G is basically re-badged 4G LTE. You don't gain anything with it, but is included with current plans. Their ultrawide band 5G is what gives the blazing speeds, but is very limited in coverage and you have to pay extra. I think T-Mo uses a mid-grade 5G, which is faster than 4G LTE but still has somewhat decent coverage. Not sure what your phone is compatible with.

rvbfan

Jan 17, 2015
Visit site
Verizon's nationwide 5G is basically re-badged 4G LTE. You don't gain anything with it, but is included with current plans. Their ultrawide band 5G is what gives the blazing speeds, but is very limited in coverage and you have to pay extra. I think T-Mo uses a mid-grade 5G, which is faster than 4G LTE but still has somewhat decent coverage. Not sure what your phone is compatible with.
According to Verizon their mid range bands are supported on the Pixel 6.

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Usually enabled by default on most phones but you never know.

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

He might have changed it to LTE on recommendation from others (like me) in the past, due to the Pixel 6 modem's tendency to use significantly more battery on 5G.

ras47

Mar 21, 2021
Visit site
To get Verizon 5G you need a 5G-capable SIM card. Most Verizon stores can get you a new SIM card and sort you out in about 15 minutes for free.

I've had good results with live chats online with Verizon customer support. If the issue is on Verizon's end these folks will find it and fix it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez