What do you think of the M8 running Windows Phone?

A895

Aug 2, 2012
Visit site
I'm going to use less sarcasm... and express more fully how I feel.

There is no need to continue trying to argue with me. You can crow to the rafters about how "smart" you are. You won. You scored a major point and it was so devastating that I will withdraw from the field... However, read on; the point you made is not the one I believe you intended.

Keep the whole thread, you can have it. Your "blow as hard as you can with pomposity and chase everyone away who may have even the slightest difference in opinion" attitude has ruined another thread for me. You probably believe you are engaging in a spirited discussion, but the real truth is - what outsiders see your type of behavior as - is that you are an internet bully trying to belittle others and "score points" by showing how "oh so smart" you are. I'm sure it makes you feel warm and tingly about yourself, but it is a drag to me and I will no longer read anything you post.

Have a nice life.

I'm now blocking you from my view and any time I see you quoted in a thread I will exit it immediately.

Enjoy winning everything through exhausting all comers.

All I did was say there was difference between the 2, nothing more nothing less.

Posted via the Android Central App

z33dev33l

Banned
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Some people like the M8s camera. Guess different strokes and different folks.

They like it for speed and that's totally understandable. If I had a sensor on a phone that would've better suited a phone from 2009 with a modern processor, I'd be perturbed if it wasn't fast.

A895

Aug 2, 2012
Visit site
They like it for speed and that's totally understandable. If I had a sensor on a phone that would've better suited a phone from 2009 with a modern processor, I'd be perturbed if it wasn't fast.

It isn't the sensor that is the problem, the resolution is just low.

z33dev33l

Banned
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
It isn't the sensor that is the problem, the resolution is just low.

Amazing how some people will gripe about a 720p screen and then defend a phone camera that just feel out of 2009 despite horrendous resolution.

A895

Aug 2, 2012
Visit site
Amazing how some people will gripe about a 720p screen and then defend a phone camera that just feel out of 2009 despite horrendous resolution.

My phone has a qHD display, don't groups me in with those petty fools.

Flagz

May 25, 2013
Visit site
Re: What OS compliments the HTC One M8 more?

HTC managed to do everything right but this phone running Windows is still a flop for me. I would give ANYTHING to have that phone running Windows on T-Mobile, but unfortunately in gonna have to stay on my damn LG G3 a little bit longer :(

I was waiting for this on T-Mobile, and the only reason I got this stupid G3 was because I wanted a modern sleek flagship that wasn't a Nokia, and now I'm **** out of luck yet again..

Flagz

May 25, 2013
Visit site
When the 920 and 8X were released, there was a lot of interest in both phones by WP users. There were tons of threads comparing the two. Make no doubt about it, the 920 was a superior phone with superior apps and superior support and that's why it sold much better. You are way wrong in thinking that the two phones were equivalent and that people just chose the Nokia phone because they were fans. WP users were coming from Samsung, LG and HTC (yes, HTC) Windows 7 phones at that time, but the clear choice was the 920. Most had not had Nokia experience on WP as the 900 was only a half year old.

If the M8 is a great device on Windows Phone, as expected, it will do well because WP users will still generally pick good phones over brand loyalty. The only caveat to that is that HTC needs to have much better support this go-round.
Your seriously blinded aren't you? Go into the threads for any other OEM and you'll see the majority are here just for Nokia, some people just blatantly say it.

They were never equals and WPCentrals forums are a good indicator. The only time they were equals were from reviewers stand points who hate both equally since they run Windows.

There 120,000 Lumia 920 (only Lumia 920) forum post on WPCentral, and only 44,000 for the entire HTC Section (includes all HTC phones) SO I think it's safe to say who the community is rooting for. Some are even going so far as to say they're leaving WP once Microsoft branding takes over even though it's still the entire Nokia team making the phones.

In that case I'm rooting for this phone. I've always had bad experiences with Nokia's phones and my 8x is still rock solid.

Flagz

May 25, 2013
Visit site
It could not entice me enough, even with a brushed aluminum body... That camera really puts me off. Despite the idea behind the depth of focus, you are still left with low resolution results that are not what is expected from flagship phones today. There are other Windows Phones that meet the HTC One M8 at that spec level...
No there isn't? The M8 is the second fastest mass produced phone in the world right now, and the fastest of all the Windows Phones..

BobLobIaw

May 12, 2014
Visit site
Your seriously blinded aren't you? Go into the threads for any other OEM and you'll see the majority are here just for Nokia, some people just blatantly say it.

They were never equals and WPCentrals forums are a good indicator. The only time they were equals were from reviewers stand points who hate both equally since they run Windows.

There 120,000 Lumia 920 (only Lumia 920) forum post on WPCentral, and only 44,000 for the entire HTC Section (includes all HTC phones) SO I think it's safe to say who the community is rooting for. Some are even going so far as to say they're leaving WP once Microsoft branding takes over even though it's still the entire Nokia team making the phones.

In that case I'm rooting for this phone. I've always had bad experiences with Nokia's phones and my 8x is still rock solid.

You might want to read my post closer next time. I said there was a lot of interest in both when they were released. Go look up the threads in WP Central about "which one should I get--920 or 8X?" Once the phones were released and people started posting their experiences, it was clear that the 920 was the better overall experience. I'm not talking about the present state of Nokia dominance, which is what you are referring to. That fact is undisputed.

With respect to whether WP users will give the M8 for Windows a chance, it seems they might. Plenty of people in the following thread have decided to consider switching from Nokia to HTC.

http://forums.windowscentral.com/ht...15-if-you-got-one-tell-us-what-you-think.html

I don't deny the influence of Nokia on Windows Phone. It is pretty obvious from their market share. Nevertheless, an Android fan calling people who have Nokia phones a "cult" is just bush-league hyperbole. That's where this post came from and now you are jumping in. Hopefully my position is now clear to you.

Last edited:

mookster

Dec 22, 2010
Visit site

Since the hardware is identical, how feasible would it be to swap operating systems back and forth entirely?

A895

Aug 2, 2012
Visit site

Since the hardware is identical, how feasible would it be to swap operating systems back and forth entirely?

That is the question. No one knows yet.

Slashyou

Jul 30, 2014
Visit site

Isn,t the W8 a bit shorter then the android one???? next up E8 with W8 as well :) and a desire with w8 as well LOL :)

A895

Aug 2, 2012
Visit site

Ty :) i feel they should have slapped a snap 805 in though ;)

No phone has an 805 yet. The Note 4 and Nexus 6 may have one at the most, but I highly doubt thy would have for a Windows Phone no less.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ife45201