What do you want to know about Exchange?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phil Nickinson

Android Central Editor Emeritus
Apr 21, 2009
Visit site
OK, I'm back on Exchange ... Like I never left, lol. What all does everybody want to know about Exchange and the Evo 4G?

Gekko

Banned
May 15, 2010
Visit site
which email app are you using on the EVO with Exchange? HTC Mail or the Google Mail App? or other ie K9? i ask because i've been told Android phones aren't great with Non-Gmail mail out of the box. what is your set up and how does it compare with WinMob with Exchange - Mail, Contacts, Calendar sync/push/config/set up etc. - just as good?

thanks!

VMdoug

May 13, 2010
Visit site
I think Exchange Server version is important. Anyone tried it with Exchange 2003? That's what my company uses despite my pleas to upgrade! ;-)

I do have an HTC Tattoo running Android 1.6 and Exchange support is OK...much better than Web<cough>OS

I'm also interested to know if Exchange support is better with Froyo (because hopefully the EVO will be getting it soon.

smgoma

May 16, 2010
Visit site
Could not get Exchange Calendar to work on Moto Droid with Android 2.1. Does it work on EVO?

Exchange Server 2007

Last edited:

WidnrF1J1

May 26, 2010
Visit site
Address Book

Is there a better way to get your address book from Exchange on your device so you dont need to wait for a lookup process every time you want to send an email or make a phone call?

imtravis

Jan 1, 2010
Visit site
Could someone explain to me what Exchange is and why it's so important to people? It looks like it's something business oriented.

Exchange is Microsoft's Corporate eMail system. Many businesses use Exchange for their eMail. It's quite common in businesses. I used to run one at home for testing, was pretty nice..

grandebob

Sep 9, 2009
Visit site
I'm interested in enforced password/PIN lock support and remote wipe support.

Also interested in calendar sync and reminders.

Hell I'd almost be willing to make an account on my Exchange 2007 server for you to test our specific security policies. Thought that might get me fired.

kudosmog

May 19, 2010
Visit site
does it sync the global address list, and how much information is sync'd from the contacts. Does it include the telephone numbers, address etc, or is it just an email list.
Once it does sync, does it allow you to search for individuals by name i.e. looking up John Doe, to find his email jdoe@company.com.

For example, I want to forward an email to someone but I can't remember their last name. Can you perform a search for "Joe" to pull up all the "Joe's" in the company directory / global address book through the native app pre-installed on the phone?

jam4775

Apr 13, 2010
Visit site
does it sync the global address list, and how much information is sync'd from the contacts. Does it include the telephone numbers, address etc, or is it just an email list.
Once it does sync, does it allow you to search for individuals by name i.e. looking up John Doe, to find his email jdoe@company.com.

For example, I want to forward an email to someone but I can't remember their last name. Can you perform a search for "Joe" to pull up all the "Joe's" in the company directory / global address book through the native app pre-installed on the phone?

We have several Heroes connected to our exchange server at my company and they can look up contacts from global address book... so I don't have any doubt that the EVO can too. If for some reason the EVO can't to it natively there are apps that will allow you to do this.

kudosmog

May 19, 2010
Visit site
We have several Heroes connected to our exchange server at my company and they can look up contacts from global address book... so I don't have any doubt that the EVO can too. If for some reason the EVO can't to it natively there are apps that will allow you to do this.

The only problem with extra apps is, if my company starts handing out these phones to employees, we now have an additional cost of the app for each and every device, plus the added support of that app just so the phone will perform the same way a winmo phone would (in regards to exchange).

I guess at the very least I'll find out exactly how it works whenever I get my EVO, but it's good to hear it's already working on the Hero and therefore should work on the EVo as well :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech