What does KitKat do to your SD card?

Jowlah

Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
I have been hearing people online complaining that KitKat is great for your phone in so many ways. I know it's been approved for the Galaxy S III, but I've been hearing is not kind to SD cards. Can someone tell me what it does that's so annoying to SD cards so I'll know whether I want to download it when it's available on Verizon?

Posted from my Verizon Galaxy S III via Android Central App... And Don't Eat Yellow Snow!

AxlMyk

Sep 12, 2012
Visit site
The way I read it is Google instituted a file system where instead of programs writing files willy-nilly to wherever they wanted, they now have their own space. Something like that.

rusty502

Jan 6, 2014
Visit site
The way I read it is Google instituted a file system where instead of programs writing files willy-nilly to wherever they wanted, they now have their own space. Something like that.

Yep, in a nutshell, I've been on Kitkat since it rolled out on the Sprint note 3, I lost the ability to write to the external sd card with several third party apps for a while, however, all of the apps that I use have since been updated and now work properly.

AxlMyk

Sep 12, 2012
Visit site
Well, no matter what it does, when it's available I'm pulling the ExtSD, backing up the phone, and up-grading.

rusty502

Jan 6, 2014
Visit site
Well, no matter what it does, when it's available I'm pulling the ExtSD, backing up the phone, and up-grading.

One bit of advice, if you delete a third party app that stores data on the external sd card, it will also delete the data it stored there, ie you try a third party camera app, decide you don't like it and delete it, if you had it set to save photos to your external SD, it will delete all the photos that it saved there, so be careful.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty