What does this loading screen mean?

DikaiaKnight

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
Every once in a while when I am in an app and hit the home button I get a white HTC screen and get a loading message. It is really annoying because the loading can take a while (never actually timed it but the worst was probably approaching 20-30 seconds). Any idea why this is happening? I never have gotten a low memory message or anything and I do NOT use any Task Killers.

cdneeley

Aug 17, 2010
Visit site
I am getting the same problem. Not sure why. Happened after I installed the new update. Hopefully someone can figure out what is going on.

Revolutionary

May 12, 2010
Visit site
It means that one of your widgets is crashing. Only way to tell which is trial and error (although if I had to guess, I'd guess either the HTC calendar or News widget if you are running them -- both buggy as hell).

Revolutionary

May 12, 2010
Visit site
Note: upstreammiami's solution is only applicable if you are rooted (and running a custom ROM). If you are not, don't try to find rom manager. ;)

cdneeley

Aug 17, 2010
Visit site
I just fixed my issue with this. I backed up all my apps, pulled pictures off to the computer etc. and did a factory data reset. Then reinstalled everything. I am now on day five and have had none of these little reset or loading problems. Give this a shot.

DikaiaKnight

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
Tried to wipe data on htc sense and that worked for a few days but issue is back. Als now having low memory issue. Going to try a full reset. Hopefully that clears it up.

deltarider99

Apr 28, 2010
Visit site
I'm having the same issues - also began right after the November OTA was applied. I am running the Calendar and News Widget, so I will try to remove those and see what happens. Definitely do not want to do a full reset.

CRKhead

May 2, 2010
Visit site
I do believe that's what happens when Sense crashes... But, like Revolutionary stated, it's most likely being caused by a widget or app... Handcent SMS used to cause this all the time for me... Hasn't lately so one of the updates may have fixed it...

jmk32

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
This freezing/crashing has been driving me nuts since the last update a few weeks ago. My phone was perfect before that and now I've been getting the HTC logo, then 'loading...' pop up at least 3 to 4 times a day.

The only widget that has had some issues on my DInc has been the ESPN Score Center (sometimes is blank for good parts of a day), so I took that one off one of my homescreens a few hours ago and so far haven't gotten one freeze up.

I'll let you know if that may be the culprit, as I have not interest in re-flashing the ROM or anything...

cdneeley

Aug 17, 2010
Visit site
Try a full factory reset. I am going on almost 2 weeks with no issues at all with all of my former apps and widgets reinstated. It sucks to reset but its worth it.