What Droid App Is Missing?

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
What is it about K-9 that does not work for you?

My first issue with k9 is that it doesn't check my mail every 30 minutes like I have it set up to do. It will only get my messages when I tell it to. No matter what the settings are. That is a problem I am having with almost all the mail programs.

rjf111

Feb 18, 2010
Visit site
i have a good one. how about an all in one contacting app. Something that could incorporate texting, emails, facebook, twitter, gtalk, etc (you get the idea)...
Didn't Google try that with Wave? Sounded good as a plan, but didn't seem to go over all that well.

m2thedeep

Jul 25, 2010
Visit site
I went from a Blackberry Storm to a Droid X and missed being able to customize the notification I got from each app installed on my phone. However, today Tasker was updated with a new UI event that allows the user to create a profile based on any notification in the status bar. So now I can customize the vibration for each notification I receive, a feature I've missed dearly.

MaxO

Jul 27, 2010
Visit site
i would really like a decent facebook app.. android has so much other stuff going for it and the facebook category of apps are lackluster at best!

netflix would be nice too

AnnDroid

May 19, 2010
Visit site
I would like an app that notified me when I moved from a specific gps coordination.

I work from home five days a week. Why do I need to unlock or use protection on my phone for seven days a week when I only need it two times and only for a few hours a week?

I didn't read through all 12 pages of this thread, sorry if it's been mentioned before.

irish22022

Jul 28, 2010
Visit site
cooooking

there is no cooking app that is worth a nickel no android. this would be a huge market, the way that evernote and 3banana split the notetaking market, a cooking app could be big.

recipes sidekick on android has one key feature: you can import from allrecipes. that's a must. so far it's the best one. but the UI is boring and there should be a way to send these things to your phone from your PC or import from an email, etc... an app that could get recipes into your phone from a number of different places on the internet and otherwise would be HUGE. recipes sidekick using converting allrecipes to .txt (because allrecipes always has the same layout for a recipe, it's reasonably easy to convert) is great, but what about food network, or personal recipes that you could email to yourself, etc.?

along with it you could have features that take what's in a recipe and make into a grocery list, and you need a way to convert a recipe from 4 servings to 2 or 6 or whatever.

this may not be as big of market as some of the other suggestions, but cornerning a market like this is never a bad thing.  there are a boat load of people who want to digitalize their recipes, and there isn't a great way to do that except by manually inputting every single one yourself.  solve that and you have an app.

Sep 13, 2010
Visit site
There's an idea what about an app for people who don't come to the forms can download for the market that as soon as an idea come to them they can submit it to you guys because not every user comes to the forms but almost everyone has ideas thanks

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Goldwinger

May 8, 2010
Visit site
idk, i mean quick launch was somewhat of an essential app if you had the blackberry storm because of the lack of space on the homescreen and freedom to do what you wanted. with android you have multiple home screens and also you can set shortcuts anywhere on the homescreens. i am not sure if im understanding what you mean and i do apologize if im misinterpreting it.

Been away from this thread and just now getting back.
Since my post, man have I learned a lot about Android. A Quicklaunch app is no longer on my list. There are several good ones that I've discovered that do the job very well for me, like Smart Shortcuts, Smart Taskbar and others.

I hear you about the multiple screens and I am settling down to using just 3, but at the time I wrote my original message, I was still caught in the grip of options overload. :eek: Since then I've pulled back from downloading everything to being a bit more cautious.

Still looking for something that will allow me to pick a menu option while in email and have it start a calendar or task event. I used that every day on my BB.

I think if someone would concentrate on delivering the best functions from the BB, they would have users going nuts to get their apps. I know I would use them, it's the only thing keeping me from looking back. Don't get me wrong, I'm not going back (at least on my own, the company may send me back).

Anyway, a QL type app is no longer needed, way too many on the market doing a great job and I've used and continue to use several. I think my paid app volume is up over $100 now. That's a lot of $.99 apps :rolleyes:

So if they will make it, I'll buy it. It''s that simple for me.

Mr. Boom

Sep 8, 2010
Visit site
I would be happy with high frame rate video for HTC Phones, like my old LG Dare has. And the Droid X has. I have the HTC Incredible. The Dare could record at 120fps and then play back at 30fps making a very smooth slo-mo video.

Crazydaddy

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
Hello all,

I was wondering if there was an app out like Intuition (an iPhone app) out there? Its a to-do/task/shopping/wish list, its location aware, etc. We just swapped from old antequated phones and were using Ipod touches alot for things like this. We both now have My Touch 4g's and are looking to find as many replacements apps as possible. My wife really misses Intuition tho....

buildscapeinc

Nov 3, 2010
Visit site
One that I miss from a BlackBerry was Later Dude, very easy & helpful. Whenever you receive an email or text and it had an action item or you needed a reminder you could use Later Dude to easily send it either to your task list or to your calendar. It would populate the subject of the calendar or task item with whatever was in the subject of the email and then copy the body of it into the body of the new event. You could select the date and time to be reminded or just select how long from now to be reminded (15min, 30min, 1h, 2h, 4h, 10h, 12h, 24h, etc). Very smooth, used it all the time!!

Brian

Aspiring Developer

May 13, 2010
Visit site
I want to measure out distances of 25 ft. in my yard to mark where to plant some trees. It would be great if there were an app that would do that fairly accurately. The only things I found either used coarse location measurements or they were literally a picture of a ruler on the screen. (It takes a lot of EVO lengths to get to 25 ft.)

What you want is "Advanced Ruler Pro" It uses the camera (after an easy calibration setup) and trigonometry to provide you with remote ruler capability.
They also have a "through the camera" area calculator.

kamtsa

Aug 6, 2010
Visit site
Here is my wish:

A good portfolio value tracking app. Something along these lines

Enter a list of <ticker_symbol, share count> and it plots value of entire portfolio over time and value of individual stock holding over time.

This will be useful for anybody that have 401k, investment, etc.

Basic, simple and useful but I could not find yet any Android app that does this.

kamtsa

Aug 6, 2010
Visit site
Another wish:

A quick picture taking/sharing app with predefined user actions.

Something along these lines: I am riding on mike bike and see a beautiful sunset. Opening the app and taking a picture. The app shows a list of my predefined actions. I select 'email to dear wife' and the pic is sent to my wife's email.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mickmac