What Files to Transfer to New Phone?

willie769

Mar 1, 2014
Visit site
Hey guys,

Recently my bulldog puppy thought my Galaxy S2 was a chew toy and completely destroyed the screen to the point where you cannot see anything. Yesterday I went and picked up a Galaxy S3 and as per the clerks advice backed-up my S2 data on my PC. Now my question is, what folders/files do I copy over in order to retain my contact list, bookmarks, and App data?

Last edited by a moderator:

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Re: What Files to Trasnfer?

For contact list, if you used Google contacts, then you don't have to do anything. If you used Chrome tied to your Google account then you won't have to do anything. If tied to your Google account, just sync the new device to Google.

If they aren't tied to your Google account, you can use an app like easebackup to backup and restore contacts and bookmarks

For app data use an app like Helium

dpham00, Android Central Moderator
Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3 via Tapatalk Pro

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site

Or just use Samsung Kies software to handle the whole backup/restore situation.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk Pro

willie769

Mar 1, 2014
Visit site

I assume I have to run these apps on the S2, unfortunately the screen is completely destroyed so I can't install and run any apps.

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Samsung Kies is software that runs on your PC, not on your phone. As long as the phone boots and doesn't have a Pattern/PIN/Password screen lock, you should be able to backup most everything and restore it on the replacement phone.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk Pro

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol