What has your DX replaced, and how do you use it?

BLLade

Aug 22, 2010
Visit site
Other than a phone?
My DX has now effectively replaced my old Cell phone, Ipod Nano, Ipod Video, XM radio and GPS.

Details;
A couple of years ago I had a USA Spec GM11 installed in my truck. With it I could play both my Ipod nano and Ipod video through the truck stereo and the video through a monitor. I also had a hands free blue tooth adapter for my voyager phone.
I had to take a road trip to NC a few weeks ago and installed the car port to see how well the DX would work out. I am telling you I am very pleased. By connecting the DX to the aux in I was able to listen to radio using pandora and heart radio, music that I loaded into the Dx and when stopped for lunch or whatever I could watch music videos or a movie. The nice thing I learned was that everything played through the stereo nicely and whenever the nav would give directions the music would turn off than back on once the directions were done. Google nav worked flawlessly, better than any other GPS i have ever had.
And when I received a phone call I could hear the caller through the truck stereo and still talk like hands free.
This is a lot more than I ever expected from the DX and am pumped about it :)

Rudolphe

Nov 17, 2009
Visit site
replaced my flashlight, alarm clock, calculator, watch, blackberry (lol), e-mail client, web browser, GPS, camera (unless i need to take serious pictures), day planner, calendar, iPod, weather channel... I'm sure there's a few more things I don't use anymore since I became a Droid Head. Either way, android is beast and does everything I need it to do plus more.

xelhabb

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
My Droid X replaced by Storm 9530, old Magellan GPS navigator, and netbook for on the fly web surfing. My Droid X with Dolphin Browser HD is much faster than my netbook was.

I did not use it to replace my Nano as the battery does not have the steam to survive my workouts and I need steady wireless phone availability.

All in all, the Droid X is by far THE best all smartphone I have ever owned. Droid does...

davidnc

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
When I have my dx(either have dinc or dx seldom both at sametime) with me it replaced:
how I check emails, and use as a mini laptop ,viewing weather, using gps(for location required on some apps),way I view youtube,sms text,sometimes navigation maps(gps again) oh and as a phone , lol

technomom

May 16, 2010
Visit site
My husband.

:)

Actually it's replaced him fiddling with the GPS trying to find Points of Interest while I'm driving or finding a decent radio station.

Google voice search (and Pandora) has enabled me to do both without his intervention.

JoAnn

mflynn

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
My Nexus, that's about it. I used my N1 for emails, surfing and of course making phone calls.

My DX is used for emails, surfing and of course phone calls :)

Flawson

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
Besides replacing my old bb, it really has replaced my itouch, too. With audiogalaxy, I can stream my entire itunes collection from my pc. The only thing that keeps the itouch with me is honestly civ:revolutions. And I play chrono trigger on snesoid more than that anyway.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

packerbacker

Sep 20, 2010
Visit site
Besides replacing my old bb, it really has replaced my itouch, too. With audiogalaxy, I can stream my entire itunes collection from my pc. The only thing that keeps the itouch with me is honestly civ:revolutions. And I play chrono trigger on snesoid more than that anyway.

Just wanted to say THANKS for pointing out that app- I can't wait to set it up so I can stream my 45GB library on my Fascinate. That will be wonderful!

cooksterman

Aug 21, 2010
Visit site
all in one...it replaced...
* my Omnia i910
* my Mio 320 GPS that was fully customizable. One great tool. It also had a full mp3 player that all players thrtough my car stereo. Much more accurate and with layers I can set it to any trip specific needs that was very tough to do with a dedicated GPS. I us CCH for full driver friendly car dock support while driving.
* my laptop! Except for working with spreadsheets and such.
* The apps and speed make this DX a monster tool.
* Although not FFA aproved there are many pilot apps that are a good backup.
This is the most user centric device yet!

Arelunde

TECHFAN
Jul 25, 2010
Visit site
My DX is literally my computer pocket-sized ... plus navigation, travel guide, shopping expert, address book, phone book, yellow pages, web browser, weather reporter, TV programmer, iPod, photo album, camera, camcorder, and on and on. Oh yes, I can also use it to make phone calls.

During the first NFL game of the season a couple weeks ago, the DirecTV feed was interrupted during most of the first quarter. So we watched the game live via the NFL Mobile app! We were sitting in the living room in front of the dark TV with the X propped up on a table between the chairs! Worked great! Who would have thunk??

WiggyFife#AC

Apr 21, 2010
Visit site
My Droid X replaced a LG Cosmos. I was a former Treo fan till they went out of style. I almost went for a Bold 9650 until I found this forum just in the nick of time.:p

JkdJedi

Aug 20, 2010
Visit site
This is my first ever smartphone and I'm like a twelve year old on christmas day! Had a flip Motorola to answer the question.

imwjl#AC

Sep 14, 2010
Visit site
Hasn't yet replaced my Storm.

I use a smart phone as a phone and messaging machine above all and that's why I am not yet sold on the X for me, but my daughter wants me to keep it.

The enterprise sync and native email apps are a junk show so I'm seeing if I can live with K-9 for two accounts and Touchdown. It's offensive to have to fork out $ for Touchdown when better functionality is included with other phones.

I may keep it if I can grow more fond of the toy factor.

BTW: I was an Apple Newton beta tester so I'm quite used to hand held devices not ready for prime time he he he....

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FarajWala800