What have you replaced Messenger with for SMS/MMS on the Nexus 6P?

bkrickles

Jun 11, 2010
Visit site
I've paid for chomp and textra and both are great and both have no ads after paying. I probably prefer chomp because I like their quick reply box better. With that being said I just downloaded awsms and it's pretty good for an app in beta. Check it out

kenorian

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site
I think I've tried most of what's available. On my S5. When I got the 6P a few weeks ago, just started using the stock Messenger. Not sexy, but it works. I'm on VZW, and had some random MMS issues with some of the others. Rather than try to figure them out, just went back to Messenger. haven't had a problem. I miss the customization, but like the fact that it works reliably.

craigrn16

Oct 7, 2010
Visit site
Just downloaded AwSMS and its pretty good so far. Great design and an awesome quick reply

Posted via the Android Central App

anon(331524)

May 24, 2011
Visit site
AwSMS got advertised on AP, downloaded it. Wow ... talk about smoooth! Shelled out the 99 cents right away! Gotta support a good developer. Was using Textra before, which also works like a charm!

Edit: AwSMS got the best quick reply (swipe down on the heads up notification) in the business!

mcdonsco

Feb 7, 2012
Visit site
mysms primarily for the automatic backup and flawless texting from pc / tablet as well. I don't really care for the app on the phone itself (textra and even messenger have a better interface IMO) but the backups AND texting from any other device outweighs that for me.

huzzam1

Sep 7, 2015
Visit site
Signal! Sleek interface combined with the most secure OTT messaging service out there, and of course does regular SMS just fine too... (and 100% free & open source)

(can't post links cos i'm new but search play store for "signal private messenger")

capncoad

Oct 14, 2015
Visit site
Google Messenger while I slowly peer pressure my family to use Whatsapp. I tried Hangouts as a way to fuse SMS with a standard messenger but it was really clunky. Lots of bugs and missing features (no video?).

I really like Google Messenger though. Super clean interface.

xespx

Mar 30, 2015
Visit site
I was using Messenger on my Note 4, so being used to it, I continue to use it. It's simple, the MMS UI is great - love the in-message camera, and I'm accustomed to it. I attempted to use Hangouts about a year ago, but just didn't like it. I don't send or receive any Google messages, so it seemed a bit pointless. It'll be Messenger for the foreseeable future.

StayFly

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
I've been using textra for a few years now, mostly because when i get a message i can respond to it in any app. Plus the customization is great too.

ezvv

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site
Textra. Messenger is GARBAGE.

I have to know what messenger can't do that it warrants the all caps garbage. I use messenger and haven't once had a problem. No reason to pay for an app for me when the stock one does the job perfectly.

Posted via the Android Central App