What is Evo's equivalent to Pre's "Silent Mode switch"?

Risket

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
Try Lock Menu from the app market. It has up to 8 sliders that go left/right and has a toggle for silencing phone from the lock screen.

I tried it out for a while and had some issues with it. I really wanted to love it but it would lock my screen randomly while I was using the phone. Even while I was texting it would suddenly lock and I would have to hit the power button and unlock it again. It would also cause my home app (LauncherPro+) to unload constantly so whenever I wanted to go back to my home screen I would have to wait for LP+ to load all over again. Even when i checked "keep in memory" for LP+. I hope they're just bugs that get worked out. I really liked the idea.

spiveyb1

Jun 6, 2010
Visit site
I use the Audio Buddy app. It is a great app. You can create sound profiles and even set them on a schedule. The app turns my phone to my vibrate profile at 8 am when I go into work, which saves me from forgetting. After I get off , it automatically changes to my normal profile, and then at night it goes to my night profile, which keeps the ringer on, but turns all other notifications to silent. Having been a previous Blackberry user, this app has allowed me to mimic some of the profile features I had become accustomed to.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk.

denisew1972

Nov 22, 2009
Visit site
Noone suggested the stock widget? Add widgets, Settings, Profile. It gives you the choice among Silent, Normal, Vibrate.

I use this along with Shush ringer from the market so I don't forget to turn my ringer back on after work. Love this app, everytime you engage the silence on your phone it asks you when you want to turn it back it on. No more missed calls

anon(123856)

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
There is a built in HTC widget called Profile that will let you switch between Normal, Vibrate and Silent mode. You just tap it and make your selection, easy peasy. :)

zacharyzblewski

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
There is a built in HTC widget called Profile that will let you switch between Normal, Vibrate and Silent mode. You just tap it and make your selection, easy peasy. :)

This is exactly what I was going to say. There isn't really a reason to get a third party widget unless you need more control than just "Normal, Vibrate, or Silent".

Also, like everyone else said, with the GB update, the power/lock button doesn't have any audio profile settings anymore.

ccano8

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
This is exactly what I was going to say. There isn't really a reason to get a third party widget unless you need more control than just "Normal, Vibrate, or Silent".

But does this method silence both ringer volume and media? The reason I went to a 3rd Party app is because I was at a movie with my ringer off, but media sounds were still coming through (ie Tikl touch-to-talk app).

tube517

Jun 28, 2010
Visit site
I use Shush. It silences the ringer and turns it back on for you when you need it back on. Good for movies, meetings, etc.

Silent Mobile does the same thing.

Telperion

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
If you configure your Profiles correctly, you can configure it however you want. My 'Night' profile silences everything but leaves phone calls on ring so I can be contacted in case of an emergency. You can control alert, ring, and vibrate for any category you so choose.

cloak.n.dagger

Jun 24, 2010
Visit site
It's been a while since I've used the stock ROM, but when I was running Froyo I would just hold the volume rocker down until it sent into vibrate mode, then click it up one to be in silent mode. This was always the fastest way for me to get it into silent mode. With the custom AOSP ROMs, if you use the slider unlock screen you can just swipe the volume slider until it goes into silent mode.