What is that little circle on the back for?

Edwill86

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
My HTC Touch Pro2 does that and I love it. Very convenient. What worries me about the TBolt is that it seems that the speaker is under the kickstand, so how does the speakerphone work when you lay it face-down without opening the kickstand? Seems like the sound would be muffled.

-Frank

this has been said before..... I believe we came to the conclusion that it does not muffle the sound... it was a while ago we had a topic on this.. I think in one of the videos they do sound with the kickstand closed and it sounds fine. (might be one of the wirefly videos)

FrankXS

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
I wonder what the purpose is for that little circle underneath the back speaker & kickstand. It must have some function because there's a cutout for it in the cases I've seen.
External wired Antenna connector I think... as Phil said, "to let the RF out" :)

I used an external Antenna for many years due to the weak and almost non-existent signal inside my house (before the Network Extender was available - which I have now). I could only buy phones with an external antenna connector. Most phones don't have 'em anymore. They used to be fairly common.

-Frank

FrankXS

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
this has been said before..... I believe we came to the conclusion that it does not muffle the sound... it was a while ago we had a topic on this.. I think in one of the videos they do sound with the kickstand closed and it sounds fine. (might be one of the wirefly videos)
That's good. Wouldn't want all that "sound pressure" building up and draining the poor battery! :D Would prolly short it out or somethin'.

-Frank

mlpjunior

Sep 18, 2010
Visit site
Rubber cover to let some RF out. I asked.

htc-thunderbolt-03.jpg

Did the Verizon rep in the background Bedazzle his/her slacks?

Green_Laser

Sep 4, 2010
Visit site
i know Phil answered this and im not 100% sure but it being RF, could that be to receive RF (radio freq), as in for the FM radio?

(i'm not sure if the antenna needs to be exposed to receive FM radio waves).

i do know the tbolt to receive fm radio.

amotter

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
Ha ha, you guys are so silly, actually it is a rubber bumper that balances and helps strengthen/support the back case....

Just kidding, I have no idea!

edoublediz

Banned
Jan 26, 2010
Visit site
i have heard several times it was the speaker when kick stand in. i have never heard once that it was antenna, although it does make sense. has anyone gone back over any videos to see if it is mentioned or can see something?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
no3rdseat