What is the average overnight battery use?

gdanonym

Oct 30, 2011
Visit site
My Note 2 is new.

I just tested last night the overnight battery use. It's 9%.
The main usage comes from Android system, Standby mode and mobile standby.
I was using the app Easy Battery Safer, which was very usefull for my G3 mini.

I checked with CPU-spy, and i goes to deep sleep.

I keep my GPS, wifi, bluetooth off. I don't (want to) use the power safe mode.

But i read on the internet that number like 2 - 3% can be reached for overnight. How can i get these numbers?

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
You may have to enable Power Saving mode to save the most power. Have you tried Power Saving mode and notice a big difference in your phone's performance that's worth any power saving you might otherwise obtain?

HypoDest

Feb 26, 2013
Visit site
You wanna look out for awake bars on the battery history charts while the screen is off overnight. These are wakelocks and they impact the battery life. Also look out for poor signal strength. The actual apps and services on the usage list aren't as useful, since a service that frequently wakes the phone for very short periods can have significant impact but not show up high on the chart.

If you are having overnight battery drain, an app or service is likely waking up your phone overnight reducing its time in deep sleep mode. You could try using Wakelock Detector to diagnose this, since it tells you the exact service /app and number of wakes over a time period.

If that doesn't show anything, it could be a poor signal to the cell tower, which could be prevented by setting the phone on airplane mode overnight.

I get around 2 to 3% overnight drain, I hope these tips help. :)

Sent from my GT-N7100

kanesmith41

Dec 26, 2011
Visit site
Hello, I use a app called Deep Sleep Battery Saver and I sleep about 8 hours a night and when I wake up, my phone only lost 3% in 8 hours. I've even gotten a little over 39 hours on 1 battery charge and that's using my phone light to heavy at times. By the way, my settings on this app is on the slumber mode. It pretty much shuts everything down and there's a whitelist so you can have your certain notifications come thru. Give it a try.

USMC97/ GN2

gdanonym

Oct 30, 2011
Visit site
Hello, I use a app called Deep Sleep Battery Saver and I sleep about 8 hours a night and when I wake up, my phone only lost 3% in 8 hours. I've even gotten a little over 39 hours on 1 battery charge and that's using my phone light to heavy at times. By the way, my settings on this app is on the slumber mode. It pretty much shuts everything down and there's a whitelist so you can have your certain notifications come thru. Give it a try.

USMC97/ GN2

Do you have the power safe mode on?

Verzonden vanaf mijn GT-N7100 met behulp van Tapatalk now Free

gdanonym

Oct 30, 2011
Visit site
With Power Save, no bluetooth, wifi or data I loose 2 - 3% overnight.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using AC Forums mobile app

Do you notice any performance issues when the power safe mode is on?
Or is the Note 2 TOO powerful?
I don't play games. Just some internet browsing, YouTube, play some TV series, as the more heavy stuff.

gdanonym

Oct 30, 2011
Visit site
I now use Juice Defender because it's also automating my wifi connection. I just have two places where I have wifi on. At home and at work.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kevnew1