What is the lowest cost smartphone that will work with Google Cardboard ?

GKL50

Nov 22, 2015
Visit site
Hi all,

Now that I realize that a smartphone must have a gyroscope sensor in order to work with Google Cardboard I am trying to find the lowest cost android smartphone that has a gyroscope sensor.

It would only be used with WIFI and not as a voice phone, as I would only use it for apps like VR cardboard, stop motion, ect.

I am retired and can't pay hundreds of dollars just for a phone to use as a hobby.

Are there any very low cost smartphones that have a gyroscope sensor ?

I'm sure there are many others interested in the cardboard VR that are on a tight budget and a phone company that would make a low cost smartphone with a gyroscope sensor could likely get a lot of sales.

Thanks in advance for any ideas !

Gary

GKL50

Nov 22, 2015
Visit site
Thanks, I'll have to check some more, but so far the lower cost Moto G models I checked did not have a gyroscope sensor.

GKL50

Nov 22, 2015
Visit site
Thanks for narrowing my search, I'll keep checking as some of the G4 models have been over $200 and over $300, but perhaps I can find one under $100 even if it is a refurbushed model from a dependable source.

GKL50

Nov 22, 2015
Visit site
sorry, I meant to say 4G as in the Moto G 4G, are refurbished ones usually dependable ?

I'd really like to get the cost under $100 since this is just going to be used for fun as a hobby item

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ife45201