What is wrong with my Blu Dash 5.5?

A

AC Question

Out of nowhere, the screen turns black when I'm on an app. I have about a 30 second interval, then a 15 second interval, before it turns off/unresponsive. My keyboard closes out of nowhere, my device also lags.. again, this came out of nowhere. I've been searching about it for a while now and found nothing, so I'm posting it as a question now. I've already reset my phone, numerous times, and still the same issue persists. Help?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Try booting into Safe Mode, which temporarily disables all 3rd party apps. On most Android devices, while powered on, press and hold Power until the Power Off menu appears. Press and hold the Power Off selection until the Safe Mode prompt appears. Tap OK.

If the problem disappears in Safe Mode, then something you installed is causing the problem. You may have to uninstall apps one by one until the problem disappears. If the problem persists in Safe Mode, then it's more likely to be a hardware or firmware problem.

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
Hello Sara, welcome to the forums! When you say 'reset' do you mean factory reset or just power off and back on? Are you using a SD card? If so, did you move some of your apps to the card?

Sara Khattab

May 9, 2016
Visit site
I factory reset it, multiple times... and no I don't have an sd card nor do i have any apps besides the ones that are previously installed. These issues are not caused by any app :/

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
It's difficult to fix firmware or hardware problems. If it's hardware, then you have to send it back to the manufacturer (or bring it to a repair shop) to see if the motherboard needs replacement. If it's firmware, you'd have to see if you can re-flash the stock ROM. I'm not familiar with the process on Blu phones--you could check over at the XDA-developers.com forums to see if anyone there has done it.

SubwayChamp

Sep 11, 2016
Visit site
Hi all, sorry bad english, well I had,time ago, same issue with blu dash 5.5 then of almost 1 year to use it begins with issues in booting and rebooting, display flash, and draining battery, definitely, in my opinion, is a problem of software, apps update for lollipop and marshmallow from google play they are not compatible with that version of kitkat, to 100% and causes that.
Best solution is first of all to root the phone, install recovery and a custoom rom, but across the wide web there´s nothing, then of many tries I found an app to make Philz Touch Recovery and result, then I ported a custom rom to use, that was the unique solution for that phone that was totally abandoned for Blu.