What keyboard are you using?

jtcannonball

Trusted Member
Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
I've been using Gboard near exclusively the past couple years. I've gone on a mission to try and like Swiftkey a few times but it just doesn't mesh with my thought process while using the phone.

rissvi

May 2, 2012
Visit site
Gboard is my main stay but I switched to the Samsung one because it looks better in dark mode. The off black look of Gboard was bothering me lol.

I had the same issue with the black nav bar. but I found gboard version v7.1.8.19 does give white nav bar.

booker1953

Oct 6, 2013
Visit site
I agree with “lindajm22”. My S10e arrives today so I’ll be installing the Blackberry keyboard, calendar and Hub first thing. The software worked really well on my Note 9 which I sold to get the S10e. I found the Blackberry keyboard to be the best for me and Gboard was a close second.

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Ok not compatible, and I'm not desperate enough to sideload it. Pass !!! Anyway Gboard works awesome.
df716ca3404c0b1641dace217d61156a.jpg

lindajm22

Mar 15, 2018
Visit site
Ok not compatible, and I'm not desperate enough to sideload it. Pass !!! Anyway Gboard works awesome.//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190320/df716ca3404c0b1641dace217d61156a.jpg
You don't have to side load it, just allow installing apps from other sources and go here:

https://cobalt232.github.io/blackberrymanager/

You have to download the entire BlackBerry Manager and the keyboard is in that app, plus some other great BB apps. These are safe downloads. I've been doing this on all my android phones from this location.

WizeGuyDezignz

Jul 25, 2011
Visit site
You don't have to side load it, just allow installing apps from other sources and go here:

https://cobalt232.github.io/blackberrymanager/

You have to download the entire BlackBerry Manager and the keyboard is in that app, plus some other great BB apps. These are safe downloads. I've been doing this on all my android phones from this location.

Isn't what you just posted the definition of sideloading? 🤔

lindajm22

Mar 15, 2018
Visit site
I agree with “lindajm22”. My S10e arrives today so I’ll be installing the Blackberry keyboard, calendar and Hub first thing. The software worked really well on my Note 9 which I sold to get the S10e. I found the Blackberry keyboard to be the best for me and Gboard was a close second.
It's the first thing I always install too! I go back and forth about using the Hub though. I am using Outlook right now.

racedog

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
I thought sideloading required a computer and cable. This is just downloading and installing from another source besides the play store.
That is the definition of side loading. Has nothing to do with another computer or cables. It has everything to do with any source other than the authorized Play Store.

wrt0108

Sep 7, 2017
Visit site
The best keyboard ever was Swype! It's gone from Google Play but I have it on an LG V30. Is there any way to get Swype onto my new phone? I type a lot of the same sentences over and over again, and Swype remembered that. Just one or two touches and the sentence is typed out, complete with all punctuation. Gboard doesn't do anything close to that. I have typed out "How are you?" hundreds of times on Gboard, and it still won't give me the "?" choice after the "How are you." I have to actually type the "?" SwiftKey would be decent, but there is no way to get a "?" or a "!" without holding down the period and moving my thumb. I'm really scratching my head over this one.

medic22003

Sep 26, 2015
Visit site
BlackBerry. got so used to it on bb10 and my priv I had to make it come to my s9. I wish BlackBerry would just add it to their app suite

medic22003

Sep 26, 2015
Visit site

Love the BlackBerry keyboard as well. I pay for the rest of their apps, 13$ a year doesn't kill me. Worth it for the hub, launcher and password keeper. Just wish the keyboard was included. I do have the keyboard but enterprising folks have to help ya get it lol

lindajm22

Mar 15, 2018
Visit site
Love the BlackBerry keyboard as well. I pay for the rest of their apps, 13$ a year doesn't kill me. Worth it for the hub, launcher and password keeper. Just wish the keyboard was included. I do have the keyboard but enterprising folks have to help ya get it lol
Where do you get your Blackberry apps that you have to pay for them? I have never paid for them on my Android phones.

anon(19759)

Trusted Member
Apr 30, 2010
Visit site
Wish I could use Blackberry Hub, it's awesome. My work IT dept demands that I use the built-in mail and calendar apps on Samsung devices. I use Gboard, have never tried Swiftkey though my wife swears by it.

Ecm

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Am I the only one using the Blackberry keyboard? Come on you guys, you haven't lived!

After using BBs for so many years I just can't get used to not having swipe delete and long press to capitalize. Oh, and letter swipe for word predictions. Can't find another keyboard that does those things.

You're not the only one. I've been using the BlackBerry keyboard on my S8+, and now on my S10+. I've tried Gboard, but I too couldn't get along without the long press to capitalize and the back swipe to delete.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chao