What phone did you previously have, and why are you switching to the Evo 4G?

jonathanlc2005

May 4, 2010
Visit site
Had many phones but followed wimax since 2005 and knew every capability about it and waited for this moment of a pda on sprint with wimax.

Although the moment sucked hairy b@lls I did like android and liked how it synced with my calander and google services.

Since sprintusers, I'm now a phone whore...

jxs1984

May 25, 2010
Visit site
Palm Centro with $30 monthly SERO plan for 2 years and 7 months. So long SERO... you've been real good to me and never broke the bank.

mrssexcee1

May 14, 2010
Visit site
:)

I have the blackberry curve 8330 and blackberry tour . My tour sucks :( and I have grown tired of blackberries. This will be my first android but not first touchscreen phone. I had a pink instinct but it sucked grrr :(. I was suppose to get the tour 2 then they changed the name to the bold 9650 smh I am not spending money on a phone that looks like the tour but with bold stamped on the back (scratches head). I Like the android family they treat you nice and I was tired of the crackberry site so boring to me now.

tntsniper#CB

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Palm Pre and then HTC Hero. I liked them both, but they were just too slow for me. I'm looking for something peppy and up to par with whats in the market for a higher end phone. The build quality is also important, the Hero was terrible as was the Pre. I played with the Evo and the build quality is top notch.

Mom2Ninjas

May 25, 2010
Visit site
6600, 6700, HTC Touch, HTC Touch Pro, Palm Pre ...

The pre is a decent phone. Just not developing fast enough anymore and it never got dataviz support like the promised.

franky_402

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
pre since august, main reason i am switching is screen real estate. i love my pre and how the ui is but its a little small for me.

Prkl8r

May 18, 2010
Visit site
TOUCH DIAMOND. Why switch; it BLOWS! It actually makes me nervous as that phone got a lot of nice early reviews but then ended up sucking. It's one of the worst rated Sprint phones. Slow as hell, touchscreen SUCKS, battery atrocious (which is a good thing since I'm used to it).

katenok

May 22, 2010
Visit site
I'm switching from the Palm Pre. I love WebOS and the form factor of the phone. There are just a few things that make it painful for me to use:
1. It's slow. Which by itself wouldn't have been a dealbreaker, but...
2. My favorite apps, facebook and the web browser feel the need to refresh each time I switch back to the app, slowing things down and essentially rendering useless the benefits of multitasking. I know there's a Refresh button in the lower right corner and I'm not afraid to use it.
3. Too Many Cards open error. This doesn't pop up as often as it used to, but it's super annoying when it does. Really? 1 card is too many??? OK then, I'll just use it as a pretty paperweight.
4. WebOS is not being embraced by developers. This is really unfortunate, as WebOS has so much potential.

turbodude

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
my smart phone timeline:

PPC6700 -> Moto Q -> Mogul _> touch pro -> touch pro 2

Switching from the headache of WInMo. Tired of the lagginess, lack of useful apps, and general faults of the OS.

In addition to what is mentioned above, im switching to the EVO for 4G speeds in Las Vegas. As a photographer i require a internet connection almost everywhere, and it will be nice to have 3g and 4g coverage. And also a nice huge screen to show off my portable portfolio.

Incubus

May 26, 2010
Visit site
Switching from the palm pre. I got it a few days after launch, my Best Buy only had 2. I loved the phone at first, and still think it was a groundbreaker as far as multitasking goes. Lately it has been freezing up, which alone is no reason to get a different phone, but along with the screen size, speed of the processor, 10.1 flash beta(fingers still crossed), the ever increasing Android market, video calling, HD Video, huge storage space, and a ton of other things. These are the reasons why I'm switching to the EVO!!! And I'm pretty sure I won't look back.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sketch232