What should I upgrade to?

derik123derik123

Mar 25, 2010
Visit site
Alright, So... I called up sprint and complained about that whole sprint premiere business; long story short, they reset my upgrade so i am about to upgrade right now.

So, What I'm wondering is.. What should I get?

Wait till june(probably) and get the evo3D?
think anything else better will be out?
anything rumored?

or is the evo3D the best phone that will be on sprint as of this summmer?

thanks

Moscow Desire

Troubleshooter
Mar 3, 2011
Visit site
Dude, you're asking an impossible question.

1. How deep are your pockets?

2. Everyboy here has their favorite phone

3. Everybody has their favorite brand.

If you look "globally", the Desire series outsell every other one. Granted, the Thunderbolt is a Desire in disguise.

But really, you're asking 100k users to tell you which phone to buy.

Nut up, or shut up. Get a phone with what money you have.

takeshi

Jan 27, 2010
Visit site
As is typical with these threads, the OP has left out his/her requirements. "What should I get?" isn't a question with a one-size-fits-all answer. Otherwise, we'd all be using the same device. You're trying to determine which device suits you best. Without knowing what you need/want it's impossible to provide meaningful suggestions. You might as well randomly choose.

Give us the criteria and we can help.

PvilleComp

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
The OP did say he's on Sprint so that narrows things down a bit.

I would wait for the EVO 3G - All the pre-reviews done by Phil and the boys say that it's to be a great phone and a nice upgrade to the EVO.

But again - it's all down to what feels right for you. The Samsung on Sprint is a nice phone even if it will take forever to get an update.

If you get a chance, go play with all the Androids Sprint has at a Store and if you like the EVO, wait for the 3D.

Hope this helps.

plemelin

Aug 8, 2010
Visit site
I would wait for the EVO 3D. Maybe something comparable or better will be out by then but being a huge fan of HTC I would doubt HTC will have anything better by then.

tunie

Phhhhbbbbtttt
Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
Rather than starting another thread with the same question, I thought it best to post my question here. Yes, I do have the same question, but with a little more detail. I'm on AT&T. I hope someone can point me in a direction, because I'm at a loss. I left my Blackberry in the dust and grabbed a Motorola Atrix. I love the phone, but there are some issues with it; some I'm sure are because I'm a noob and some are quality issues. I'm trying to figure out which Android phone would be a good replacement for the Blackberry and now the Atrix in terms of productivity. For example, there isn't a Skype app for the Atrix, so I'm unable to video conference with any of my clients. They've all gone the way of the iPhone. They don't like it, but they don't have a choice. Unfortunately, they can't download any other video chat apps due to company network security policies so, if I can't use Skype, I can't video chat with them. This is a real problem for me in my work. I don't know if this applies to all Android phones, or just Motorola Android phones.

I have problems typing because I can't make the keyboard wider. No, I don't have fat fingers:) I suppose, after 5 years on a BB, I'm just virtual keyboard challenged. Anyway, I'm looking for a phone wider than the Atrix so I can install a larger keyboard.

Good email syncing with Gmail and my business email and the ability to easily copy, cut, paste i.e. copy/cut/paste in emails and copy website info. I can do it on the Atrix, but in multiple steps. I can't copy anything that sits outside the screen so, if a webpage, even when zoomed out as far as possible, runs beyond the screen, I can only copy what's visible. That means, copying, going to email, pasting then going back to the webpage, scrolling down, copying, then going back to email to paste. Is this an Android thing or a Motorola Android thing?

I've looked at so many phones that I feel sick. It's so hard to figure out which ones offer what I'm looking for without trying each and every one.

I have 5 days to swap out my Atrix for another phone and I just don't know where to start. I don't care about fancy wallpapers, or gaming, or movies, or entertainment in general. I'm looking for reliability (that's probably impossible to determine) productivity and also a wider phone that will allow me to use a wider keyboard. What about the Samsung Inspire that's coming out? It's bigger, but does it offer more productivity? Geez I'm so lost in all this, but I can't go back to BB. Their phones are broken and antiquated. I need to move forward...

Anyway, if anyone has any input to offer, I'd be very grateful.

PvilleComp

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
I would suggest going to a AT&T Company store - or a store with demo units and trying the HTC Inspire 4G. But try all the things you need to do before committing. I think you'll be happy.

tunie

Phhhhbbbbtttt
Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
I would suggest going to a AT&T Company store - or a store with demo units and trying the HTC Inspire 4G. But try all the things you need to do before committing. I think you'll be happy.

That's a good idea. The only reason I didn't look at HTC was because it didn't have Gorilla glass (at least I didn't think it did) and I was afraid of what would happen if I dropped it, and I'm sure I'll drop it at some point. Does Gorilla glass make that much of a difference?

Thank you for your help....so many phones, so little time...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
yusufdontk