What sim card to get

sp1tfire

Jul 1, 2010
Visit site
My gnex arrives Monday and I want to do prepaid service. Can I just buy Sims off of ebay or does walmart have them or do I have to go to tmobile etc? I I'd rather not order online because I want to start playing around with my new phone!

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

Set2374

May 9, 2012
Visit site
I think tmobile and at&t give you the Sim for free when you sign up for their prepaid service. From what I hear, the hspa+ service is better, faster, more consistent and less expensive on tmobile. Enjoy the gnex.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

N33k5

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site
I use T-Mobile prepaid with my GNex and it is awesome, but if you don't have good coverage with them you might try Straight Talk or AT&T. ST is just AT&T cheaper and sold only through Walmart, but if you use normal AT&T prepaid you pay extra for a "data" plan. I have used both AT&T and now T-Mobile I hated using AT&T because I was double charged a lot when paying the monthly charge. 3 years with AT&T and 1 with T-Mobile so far and while in some places my signal is lower with T-Mobile I am liking it way better. Hope this helps.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus

mooechili

May 14, 2011
Visit site
I just signed up with T Mobile, called them first to be sure they had it and they did. Charged $20 for the sim card. It was a quick transaction, he turned it on and I signed in with gmail acct at the store, immediately started synching, in the short drive home used 365 MB of data synching. It was fast, really fast. If you get a smaller data plan you may want to wait signing in till you have wifi.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sterrekroesbergen