what soft keyboard do you use?

mknollman123

Frugal Nerd Tinkerer
Dec 26, 2010
Visit site
Heard good things about thumb. I recently changed to the honeycomb stock, the samsung one was just too darn laggy and the auto correct was horrendous.

I am still in the air, but on my phone I use swiftkey - might try it here too next

The stock keyboard works pretty great though. I can fly on it - even as far as two handed near touch typing.

ragebunny

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
Im using stock Honeycomb. I used the Asus one first of all, thought it was cool with the swipe feature. but it was a bit laggy and i agree with you the auto correct was really bad!

flacoff

Jul 2, 2010
Visit site
The new version of thumb keyboard rules. It has the option to switch layouts on the keyboard itself. Even a nice one handed option. Also the new version allows for keybinding for quick access to a handful useful shortcuts.

Swiftley has a tablet version in the works, I'll most likely give that a try when its released as their predictive text works very well

mknollman123

Frugal Nerd Tinkerer
Dec 26, 2010
Visit site
SwiftKey to for phones works but it is a bit cramped. Works well for thumb typing but no way you could touch type. Does let me see a lot of the screen though, probably will not use it much as it is kind of tight. I did use it for this post though. Need to get tapatalk on this so I can post the screen shots

AnnDroid

May 19, 2010
Visit site
I'm using the Asus one, but really miss Swype that's on my EVO. One the Asus kybrd, I have all the settings turned off. I dislike autofill/suggest.

rockcrawler

Oct 13, 2009
Visit site
SwiftKey Beta for tablets. Tried Thumb keyboard, but I think I was too used to SwiftKey so I switched back promptly.

Sent from my CM7 Supersonic

Syrusoo

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
Can't seem to find Swiftkey in the market for the Asus transformer. I love they keyboard dock and wouldn't bother with a typing program other then the fact that I don't always take the keyboard with me where ever i go.

So i take it the Thumb keyboard is the best atm?

VydorScope

Mar 28, 2011
Visit site
I have only tried tablet keyboard so far (its free), and for landscape typing with just 2 thumbs (while holding the pad) its great, but some reason does not do the word predictions.

mknollman123

Frugal Nerd Tinkerer
Dec 26, 2010
Visit site
Vydorscope - just started your novel - great so far - you are a talented man

I am still sticking with the android keyboad for now, but I am definitely interested in swiftkey - love it on my fascinate

VydorScope

Mar 28, 2011
Visit site
I had swiftkey on my Nexus One for a long while, works great! Put it on my nook color and it FC a lot. Not tried it on TF yet.

mknoolman123 - Thanks! I get mainly 5 and 1 star reviews, seems like I am pretty polarizing LOL. Volume 2 is completely written, just waiting on cover art, pre-readers all report back its better then the first.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whytefrank