What to do if my nexus 7 shows 'saved' when i connect/add a network?

BLACKWIZ

Apr 9, 2020
Visit site
I have tried the followings:

*add a network

*tried to connect different networks

*logging into safe mode and add a network but it failed

*and finally factory reset which trapped me .ie, // I removed my g accounts but when the reset finished the device is not allowing to skip the login to network
when i tried to connect after factory reset it still shows saved So now i have a tab which is stuck in FRP i can’t even bypass the FRP
plzzz.. help me

VidJunky

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central. To make communication easier please register an account so that you can comment in this thread. This link will help you do that... https://forums.androidcentral.com/ask-question/409154-join-android-central-community-new-post.html

In the meantime I'm a bit miffed by your problem but thank you for including some details. Personally I would do another factory reset. You'll obviously have to use the physical button method for your device to do this since you cannot complete the device set-up. While you're in that menu might as well wipe your cache partition as well. Did you choose to auto restore your apps for the last FR? It really shouldn't matter since it looks like you were not able to connect afterwards. I'm not sure if that will even be an option with the physical button method but if it is, decline. Doing these three things will give you the cleanest slate from which to begin all over.

There are some times issues with factory resets and they don't always take the first time. Sounds crazy but I've seen several times when items that should have been deleted turn back up or settings that shouldn't possibly be set still are because the FR didn't totally erase/reset everything.

Just a few quick questions;
When the device was working did you have any data savers, memory savers, anti-virus or malware apps? I recommend that you stay away from them if you did, and at least try the device for awhile before reinstalling anything like that. When crazy or odd things happen they are usually my first go to for why there's a problem and I'm usually correct, I didn't say always.

You mentioned that you were trying to add connections, did the connections you have still work?

This device was released in 2012, are you the original owner? In 2012 rooting devices seemed to be more popular than I've noticed these days, or maybe I'm just not looking in the right places, but is there any chance that the device was rooted? A rooted device changes all of the rules.

Unfortunately it will be hard to find support for an 8 year old device and honestly if factory resetting it again doesn't work there may not be much more advice to follow. Let's see if we can get can get you past the setup and see what happens from there.

Last edited by a moderator:

BLACKWIZ

Apr 9, 2020
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central. To make communication easier please register an account so that you can comment in this thread. This link will help you do that... https://forums.androidcentral.com/ask-question/409154-join-android-central-community-new-post.html

In the meantime I'm a bit miffed by your problem but thank you for including some details. Personally I would do another factory reset. You'll obviously have to use the physical button method for your device to do this since you cannot complete the device set-up. While you're in that menu might as well wipe your cache partition as well. Did you choose to auto restore your apps for the last FR? It really shouldn't matter since it looks like you were not able to connect afterwards. I'm not sure if that will even be an option with the physical button method but if it is, decline. Doing these three things will give you the cleanest slate from which to begin all over.

There are some times issues with factory resets and they don't always take the first time. Sounds crazy but I've seen several times when items that should have been deleted turn back up or settings that shouldn't possibly be set still are because the FR didn't totally erase/reset everything.

Just a few quick questions;
When the device was working did you have any data savers, memory savers, anti-virus or malware apps? I recommend that you stay away from them if you did, and at least try the device for awhile before reinstalling anything like that. When crazy or odd things happen they are usually my first go to for why there's a problem and I'm usually correct, I didn't say always.

You mentioned that you were trying to add connections, did the connections you have still work?

This device was released in 2012, are you the original owner? In 2012 rooting devices seemed to be more popular than I've noticed these days, or maybe I'm just not looking in the right places, but is there any chance that the device was rooted? A rooted device changes all of the rules.

Unfortunately it will be hard to find support for an 8 year old device and honestly if factory resetting it again doesn't work there may not be much more advice to follow. Let's see if we can get can get you past the setup and see what happens from there.

tnx for the reply this is my registered account
i doesn't had any antivirus
i have tried flashing the device also i am the 2nd owner of this device
plzz try to find some solution
also if there is any way to bypass the frp without network it is also fine because BT tethering was working fine

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! We don't allow discussions on how to bypass Factory Reset Protection. Are you saying you don't know the Google account that was associated with that device? Has this always been your tablet?

BLACKWIZ

Apr 9, 2020
Visit site
I know the account

Welcome to Android Central! We don't allow discussions on how to bypass Factory Reset Protection. Are you saying you don't know the Google account that was associated with that device? Has this always been your tablet?
I have the account with me but my nexus 7 is not connecting to network to login to my account
So i have no any other choice left other than bypassing frp

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I don't think bypassing FRP will help you if you can't get past the Setup Wizard. What other wi-fi networks did you try? I know it's difficult during this pandemic, but if you're able to access an open public wi-fi network, try that.

BLACKWIZ

Apr 9, 2020
Visit site
Re: I know the account

It is not working in any network and this device donot have a sim slot so pllzzzz
You can even give me a sloution fir my issue sir
The device shows saved when connects to a network

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Re: I know the account

It is not working in any network and this device donot have a sim slot so pllzzzz
You can even give me a sloution fir my issue sir
The device shows saved when connects to a network
Sorry tablet
Nothing else you can do but reboot your router or try a friend's or relative home wifi

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jm_rookie2