What TV boxes are you using?

flyboynm

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
What TV boxes are you using? I have been using MXQ Pro 4k boxes in the past but am having problems. I do not know if the issue is with the TV boxes themselves or the apps. I am curious what everyone else is using.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! I moved this to the Android TV forum for more specific traffic.

fuzzylumpkin

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
I'm also using Chromecasts with Google TV. As prone to issues as they are, those or the Nvidia shield are the only Android TV/GoogleTV/whatever it's called this week "boxes" anyone should be buying. at least that I know of.

Reactions: B. Diddy

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I'm also using Chromecasts with Google TV. As prone to issues as they are, those or the Nvidia shield are the only Android TV/GoogleTV/whatever it's called this week "boxes" anyone should be buying. at least that I know of.
You could probably add Walmart's onn. Google TV, as mentioned by tube517 above. It consistently gets good reviews from legit sources, and runs a little cheaper than Google's own.

fuzzylumpkin

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
You could probably add Walmart's onn. Google TV, as mentioned by tube517 above. It consistently gets good reviews from legit sources, and runs a little cheaper than Google's own.
I'll trust your word on that. I skip over anything with "Walmart" in the title, so I know nothing about it.

Bla1ze

Community Manager
Staff member
Oct 30, 2010
Visit site
  • Nvidia Shield Pro
  • 2x Onn Walmart Streaming Box
  • Google Chromecast w/ Google TV
  • And one of those virus infested Android boxes which just runs Batocera anyway so it can't communicate lol

tube517

Jun 28, 2010
Visit site
The google onn boxes are pretty good. Some minor bugs like the sound but there is an easy fix and so far these are pretty solid after 2 years. They sell out but they get more so keep checking. I have to buy another one for when I get my new TV when I have the money