What use is an SD Card on the GS3?

badbrad17

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
How do you move all your music etc. to the SD card? I am using Google Music..Once moved there does it allways go there? I too miss the app to SD....

Thanks,
Jim

If you are using Google Music in the cloud then you don't have to move it to the sd card. If you want to have some music on the sd card as well you can either select to make specific songs available offline (which I believe just stores it on your phone) or the better option would be to just plug your phone into your computer and drag the music onto the sd card.

Sent from my SGH-T989D using Android Central Forums

rxgadget

Aug 8, 2010
Visit site
I still have a few days to return my 16 gig S3 and was thinking about going for the 32 gig one and just spend the extra 50 bucks. Has anyone ever really used that much space though? I'm not an app hog or anything but I didn't want to be limited by any means in case I do download some stuff. Is going for the 32 gig worth it?

My GS3 sleeps in the bed and my girlfriend sleeps on the couch.

I kept my 16GB GS3 and put in a SanDisk 64GB Class 10. So far no problems. I have tried to change every app to save to the /mnt/extSdcard/... whenever possible. Right now I have 2.5 GB on phone and have all photos on external card.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

makaroni

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
I kept my 16GB GS3 and put in a SanDisk 64GB Class 10. So far no problems. I have tried to change every app to save to the /mnt/extSdcard/... whenever possible. Right now I have 2.5 GB on phone and have all photos on external card.

I seem to be doing ok space wise for now. Were u able to get any apps to SD card? I was under the impression that this was only possible through root access

My GS3 sleeps in the bed and I make my girlfriend sleep on the couch

Last edited:

rxgadget

Aug 8, 2010
Visit site
I seem to be doing ok space wise for now. Were u able to get any apps to SD card? I was under the impression that this was only possible through root access

My GS3 sleeps in the bed and I make my girlfriend sleep on the couch

With the 16GB I already have almost 3GB used. Unfortunately, there is no way to move apps or its data to the SD card. However, I have found settings in many apps to save documents, pictures, other data onto the SD card. If I download documents or pictures or whatever I try to move it using the Samsung My Files app already on the phone. The app is so simple using ES or Astro is a waste of space.

If you need help moving data I am getting good at it. Just send me a PM.

Micah Haywood Jr

Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
Is it possible to move magazines or movies saved in cache on the device to an extSD Card. I only have 16 gb internal have a 32 gb external sd card and i am trying to free up space to make sure i can actually do things on the device?

AxlMyk

Sep 12, 2012
Visit site
Unlike the previous responder, I use ES file manager. Does a lot that the Sammy app won't/can't. I put everything on extSD.

--Tapatalk on SGS3.