what was your first smartphone?

JnEricsonx

Oct 31, 2013
Visit site
HTC Thunderbolt, around April 2011. My brother had just gotten a Iphone, and despite being umemployed, wanted to get a smartphone, moreso because I'd been told Verizon was going to stop offering unlimited to new customers. I asked a friend whether to go Android or Iphone, and was told Android due to the Thunderbolt being Verizon's first 4g phone, along with expandable memory and replaceable battery. I still have it sitting somewhere.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
HTC Thunderbolt, around April 2011. My brother had just gotten a Iphone, and despite being umemployed, wanted to get a smartphone, moreso because I'd been told Verizon was going to stop offering unlimited to new customers. I asked a friend whether to go Android or Iphone, and was told Android due to the Thunderbolt being Verizon's first 4g phone, along with expandable memory and replaceable battery. I still have it sitting somewhere.

What a great story! I heard that was a formidable phone.

UnyteLux

Jul 5, 2019
Visit site
A little clamshell Nokia phone with an antenna about 3cm long permanently sticking out at the top. I remember being on a train and feeling really cool having such a compact phone when I saw people using their "brick" phones and spending a few seconds extending the transistor radio style antenna before taking calls :D

Casey Cheung

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
Does the Palm Treo 600 series count as a smartphone? This was before the first iPhone ever came out. I had 3 versions of the Palm Treo, then later had the Palm Pre.

the_boon

Aug 7, 2018
Visit site
By first smartphone, you mean first Android smartphone?

If yes - Samsung Galaxy Light (piece of crap)

If no - BlackBerry Pearl

the_boon

Aug 7, 2018
Visit site
The BlackBerry Pearl! I loved that phone! So beautiful.

Do you have a picture?

Sigh. I miss those phone days.
No, it got stolen from me lol.

I owned a white one at first then a red one.

I did the mod to get the multicolored trackball lol.

I was always impressed at how it would predict every single word correctly even though it had 2 letters per key, which made it in between a T9 and a full QWERTY.

I would type really fast and it would know which of the 2 letters I wanted to use on any given key.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Caldul1234