What would you do? (Order woes)

berfles

Dec 31, 2011
Visit site
Ok. I have a 128GB version right now with a defect that I fought with for hours to Samsung. They finally caved and would let me send this one back, get a refund, and re-place the order while still getting the AKG headphones (I was going to sell them anyway) and trading in my S7E for $300. I have until 9/22 to send this Note 9 back.

Now, since then, I've decided I want the 512GB version. Best Buy has a deal going on where you get $200 for activating now and I get an additional 10% off for my birthday. They no longer have a trade in program, but I could sell my old S7E myself and get at least $200 for it I'm sure. That would put my total savings at around $505 I believe, which would net me a 512GB Note 9 for $744.

Good idea/deal? I have no idea when Best Buy will get more in, but hopefully by the end of the month they will have some. Plus if I have any future issues I can walk into Best Buy instead of dealing with Samsung's nightmare of a CS team.

joe01880

May 2, 2013
Visit site
Ok. I have a 128GB version right now with a defect that I fought with for hours to Samsung. They finally caved and would let me send this one back, get a refund, and re-place the order while still getting the AKG headphones (I was going to sell them anyway) and trading in my S7E for $300. I have until 9/22 to send this Note 9 back.

Now, since then, I've decided I want the 512GB version. Best Buy has a deal going on where you get $200 for activating now and I get an additional 10% off for my birthday. They no longer have a trade in program, but I could sell my old S7E myself and get at least $200 for it I'm sure. That would put my total savings at around $505 I believe, which would net me a 512GB Note 9 for $744.

Good idea/deal? I have no idea when Best Buy will get more in, but hopefully by the end of the month they will have some. Plus if I have any future issues I can walk into Best Buy instead of dealing with Samsung's nightmare of a CS team.
Deal or NO DEAL.
If you made a deal with Samsung (I hope you have it in writing) then you should honor that deal and get a working phone. I don't see where there's an option not to if the one you have isn't working..
It's been my experience to NEVER trust BEST BUY to keep their word on anything! Samsung either without something binding in writing.
You need to be sure your defective phone is passing the new phone Samdung is sending you in the mail, otherwise you may never see a replacement from Samsung..
Best of luck to you tho!
Why in the world do you need a 256 gig phone for anyway that 128 won't do just fine for? The commercials say you can add up to 2TB micro SD if you want. Hell you can put Windows on it and run that if you really want couldn't you?

berfles

Dec 31, 2011
Visit site
Deal or NO DEAL.
If you made a deal with Samsung (I hope you have it in writing) then you should honor that deal and get a working phone. I don't see where there's an option not to if the one you have isn't working..
It's been my experience to NEVER trust BEST BUY to keep their word on anything! Samsung either without something binding in writing.
You need to be sure your defective phone is passing the new phone Samdung is sending you in the mail, otherwise you may never see a replacement from Samsung..
Best of luck to you tho!
Why in the world do you need a 256 gig phone for anyway that 128 won't do just fine for? The commercials say you can add up to 2TB micro SD if you want. Hell you can put Windows on it and run that if you really want couldn't you?

Samsung won't send me anything until they get this phone back. That's the other reason I figured I'd just send this one in and take the full refund. My experience with Best Buy is better than what I've been through with Samsung. Plus dealing in person is always better than waiting on the phone for 30 minutes at a time.

And I don't need the storage. I want the additional RAM and I'm curious if it's slightly quicker and has slightly better battery life like I've seen some say here.

EuroDriver

Aug 24, 2018
Visit site

You can add an SD card of up to 512GB. However, the phone will be much faster working off of internal memory than a memory card and the more you write to a memory card, it will continue to be slower and slower over time

berfles

Dec 31, 2011
Visit site
Guess I'll just go ahead and do it, don't see a downside. Won't get it from Samsung or Best Buy any time soon and Best Buy will at least be easier to work with.

TurdRon_FergusonBurgundy

Jul 10, 2018
Visit site
As bad as Best Buy can sometimes be surely they are not as bad as Samsung's post sale customer service. It's among the absolute worst of the worst. If it were me, I'd return for refund and purchase the phone with storage you ultimately want at Best Buy.

berfles

Dec 31, 2011
Visit site
Well, bit the bullet and ordered. Got credited back $112 on top of the $200 instant savings. Is this eligible for any freebies through Best Buy? Their site is hard to follow. It's the unlocked version and I paid outright for it.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
Well, bit the bullet and ordered. Got credited back $112 on top of the $200 instant savings. Is this eligible for any freebies through Best Buy? Their site is hard to follow. It's the unlocked version and I paid outright for it.

Not sure about the deals/freebies, but I'm sure another user more well-versed on such matters will let you know soon! Congratulations on ordering your new phone! Sounds like you got a sweet deal!

joe01880

May 2, 2013
Visit site
You can add an SD card of up to 512GB. However, the phone will be much faster working off of internal memory than a memory card and the more you write to a memory card, it will continue to be slower and slower over time
Perhaps, but you can download movies and music to the micro SD card using it as storage. That should not effect the performance of your phone leaving internal memory for apps and operating system..

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AMPRO