What's so great about this thing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jlee91780

Jun 13, 2011
Visit site
So now that SGS2 not coming to Verizon and I am so sick of my Iphone, I have decided Droid Bionic is all that's left for me. I'm not particularly excited about it though and would like someone on this forum to explain why they so astounded; the specs released pretty much just match or even underdo everything being released. Plus its Motorola, which makes it the Oldsmobilie, maybe Cadillac, of cell phones; its gonna be thick, clunky, with uninspired UI. Only things to be excited are some of these accessories, but they stake us to spending a lot more money such as a "webtop" which would have been just a cheap $10 hdmi cable on evo3D or SGS2 to get monitor mirroring. Just hoping Google can come in and revamp this thing or get us insider updates quick.

Sorry to rain on this party, but please someone set me straight before I die from techno boredom.

KillerG

Jul 22, 2011
Visit site
So now that SGS2 not coming to Verizon and I am so sick of my Iphone, I have decided Droid Bionic is all that's left for me. I'm not particularly excited about it though and would like someone on this forum to explain why they so astounded; the specs released pretty much just match or even underdo everything being released. Plus its Motorola, which makes it the Oldsmobilie, maybe Cadillac, of cell phones; its gonna be thick, clunky, with uninspired UI. Only things to be excited are some of these accessories, but they stake us to spending a lot more money such as a "webtop" which would have been just a cheap $10 hdmi cable on evo3D or SGS2 to get monitor mirroring. Just hoping Google can come in and revamp this thing or get us insider updates quick.

Sorry to rain on this party, but please someone set me straight before I die from techno boredom.

We have NO confirmed specs on any phones coming out "soon." We don't have a clue when they'll be coming out either.
Getting that out of the way, The Bionic is the first dual core LTE phone on Verizon. If you haven't seen, it's insanely fast, and everything on the phone pretty much is top notch. From what I understand, those who have gotten their Bionics are all saying it's very thin and light for an LTE phone. And the UI is non obtrusive compared to older versions of Blur, or whatever Motorola wants to call it now. Root has already been confirmed, so you can use that to change it up anyways and remove some bloatware.
Webtop does not replace HDMI mirroring, it was mainly made for the lapdock, so that you can have a laptop type experience while just only have having your phone. And it also charges it from what I understand. You can still mirror your phone onto an HDTV with an HDMI cable without using webtop.
From what I can understand without actually having the phone in my hand, it's the best, most balanced phone on the market currently, and you get that Motorola quality. The phone will get ICS quickly most likely, and will have very few bugs compared to rushed phones like I would think the HTC Vigor would be like.

4given_p8ntblr

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
It it is anything like my Droid X it will be pretty cool. Also that hump towards the top is functional when you are driving and putting your head against your shoulder to hold the phone temporarily; it helps it stay and not slide away. It should be a very well build device with really good battery life for an LTE phone.

jlee91780

Jun 13, 2011
Visit site
KillerG, thanks for that affirmation. I think I would be ecstatic just to not have a buggy Android phone with LTE; these Androids always seem rushed to get the latest specs to people who pay attention only to horsepower at the expense of the user experience. I haven't ever heard about Motorola quality but will take your word on it.

Btw, you know if it will have MHL capability. I bought a MHL adaptor 1 month ago for $25 to prepare for the SGS2 coming, but wanted to know if I can return it if the the Bionic doesn't support it.

ragnarokx

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site

If you want to find out what's so great about the Bionic, you can read a few threads in this forum or better yet the plethora of blog entries on this site. Now that you know where to find the information, your thread has served its purpose :)

Reactions: irl Panda
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pvagmailaccounts