What's the best Android sync app for phone & tablet?

Status
Not open for further replies.

KG7PFS

Nov 30, 2020
Visit site
Do not tell me to use the "cloud", it's the stupidest idea ever and I won't consider it.

My s10+ on the Dex Station is my desktop. The external monitor is big enough to read anything on. But it's not portable. Sometimes you just need a larger screen mobile device. I have'nt decided witch one yet, (suggestions would be appriceated) but whatever I use, I will have to be able to sync it the old fasioned way with the host conputer (the s10+).

Not too long ago, I would plug a Palm, Windows Mobile, or Android device into my notebook and Hotsync, Activesync, or HTC Sync would start automaticaly and sync MS Outlook and Media Player data between the two devices. Now I want to plug an android tablet into my Dex Station and do the same with Calendar, Contacts, pictures, music, and other data. I want it to function exactly (or almost exactly) the same as plugging a pda into the old Windows PC.

What Android app does this?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I don't think there's any good solution for that. There are programs that allow you to sync an Android device with a PC via USB, but I haven't seen any that can sync two Android devices together. The Android-to-Android USB connection solutions are only if you want to transfer the existing data on one Android device to a new device that you're setting up.

KG7PFS

Nov 30, 2020
Visit site
A transfer app on each device would be a little less than perfect, but it would work. When I had an HTC 3D and View, I used HTC Sync with the PC, and HTC Transfer to sync one to the other. I just had to sync one device, then the other, if both had changed.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
A transfer app on each device would be a little less than perfect, but it would work. When I had an HTC 3D and View, I used HTC Sync with the PC, and HTC Transfer to sync one to the other. I just had to sync one device, then the other, if both had changed.

Right, but what I was referring to is only for setting up a new phone, not for recurrent data transfer on an ongoing basis.

KG7PFS

Nov 30, 2020
Visit site
mustang7757, link to PC only works with a Windows PC, not another Android device.

B. Diddy, are you refering to Samsung Smart Switch? It looks like what I need, but I don't want to set anything up or erase anything.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
mustang7757, link to PC only works with a Windows PC, not another Android device.

B. Diddy, are you refering to Samsung Smart Switch? It looks like what I need, but I don't want to set anything up or erase anything.
You looking for this maybe call and text between phone and tablet?Screenshot_20201202-224155_Call%20%26%20text%20on%20other%20devices.jpeg

KG7PFS

Nov 30, 2020
Visit site
I think I explained that in my original post, but I'll try again so even you can understand. I want to sync my calendar, alarms, task list, messages, mail, contacts, pictures, videos, music, books and office documents between my Android phone, Android tablet, and Android mini tablet. I will not use a Windows PC or the "cloud" to do this.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Just sign into your same Samsung account across all them , you'll have everything in all , besides that I don't think it's possible, I reached out to another Team member , might be away at the moment but will respond when they see my message just in case I could be wrong .

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
OP doesn't want to use the cloud because of their aversion to it.

As I mentioned before, I don't think you have any good options to directly sync one tablet to another via cable. The solutions that are available are primarily to set up a new phone.

KG7PFS

Nov 30, 2020
Visit site
Just sign into your same Samsung account across all them , you'll have everything in all , besides that I don't think it's possible, I reached out to another Team member , might be away at the moment but will respond when they see my message just in case I could be wrong .

I'm pretty sure I said, loud and clear, I WILL NOT use any "cloud" service, and I said it more than once.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site

As I mentioned before, I don't think you have any good options to directly sync one tablet to another via cable. The solutions that are available are primarily to set up a new phone.
Without that, I don't think they can . Everything going that way and seamlessly.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I'm pretty sure I said, loud and clear, I WILL NOT use any "cloud" service, and I said it more than once.

I'll be completely frank with you -- if you refuse to use the cloud, you'll be left behind. Direct device-to-device cable sync is outdated technology. Good luck.

KG7PFS

Nov 30, 2020
Visit site

What about Samsung Smart Switch? I might just try it, but I don't want to mess anything up. It *looks* like a good one way sync, but I don't want to remove anything from either device.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
What about Samsung Smart Switch? I might just try it, but I don't want to mess anything up. It *looks* like a good one way sync, but I don't want to remove anything from either device.

From what I can tell, the only kind of sync through Smart Switch is for Outlook, but not anything else. But I don't have experience with Samsung devices, so I can't say for sure.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
yeah I think you did also , but ill make it clear also, what your asking for you'll need it . Good luck on finding your solution, gnite!

Status
Not open for further replies.