What's the difference?

Nighthawk268

May 1, 2013
Visit site
I am thinking of buying another charger for my nexus 10 as the cord is a bit short. I have the pogo charger but it does not work with the current case I have on the N10. So I am looking at this charger on Amazon. My question is, what is the difference between a 2.1A or the 3.5A option? Is to much amps bad for the tablet? Thanks for the help and a link to the product is below.

Amazon.com: Pwr+? 6.5 Ft Fastest 3.5A Charger AC Adapter for Samsung Galaxy 3, Note 10.1 2014 Edition, Pro 12.2, 8.0, 7.0 Tablets ; Google Nexus 7 10 Tablet Tab ; Nexus S Phone ; New Kindle Fire Hd, Hdx ; Asus EEE MeMO Pad Smart ME171, ASUS Transform

mavrrick

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Basically it just means that the charger can put out more power to charge the device. My understanding is that as long as the voltage is correct the amps won't hurt anything. Basically it is your device (Nexus 10) that limits it. With that being said you also can negatively impact battery longevity by charging to fast.

The difference is from 10 to 17 watts of charging.

Personally I would stick with the Samsung charger and just get a longer USB cable.

Posted via Android Central App