What's the first thing you'll show off to the iSheep?

Scout_313

Nov 6, 2009
Visit site
When I was 15 I had a cheap flip phone.. The only way I could even get a phone was by having a year worth of the cell bill saved up. Kids are lucky these days, most don't pay for anything.

I got my first cellphone when I was 22 if I'm not mistaken, but that was way back in 2002. I believe it was an LG TP5250 for Sprint if I remember it correctly.

Premium1

Trusted Member
Nov 7, 2011
Visit site
I got my first cellphone when I was 22 if I'm not mistaken, but that was way back in 2002. I believe it was an LG TP5250 for Sprint if I remember it correctly.

I was 15 and the only reason I got it was because I traveled alot doing camps and stuff so it was a way to stay in contact with my family. Funny when I first got it texting was not big like it is now and all it was used for was calls. My how the times have changed.

jephanie

Nov 11, 2011
Visit site
Nothing. Flaunting their tech is why people make fun of "iSheep." I'd rather not be snobby about what I carry. If people are interested, I show them. Otherwise, it is just mine to enjoy.

I couldn't agree more. Pride is one thing, but the whole "my iPhone is better" or "my Android is better" attitude strikes me as being very similar to the "I'm better than you because I am a fan of <insert sports team name here> and you are a fan of <insert different sports team name here>" attitude or "My Lexus is better than your Acura" or "my Ford is better than your Chevy" attitude.

Allegiance to a phone (or a sports team or car maker for that matter) doesn't make a person better than another. It is simply a matter of personal preference.

My philosophy: Have pride in your device but don't be so proud as to make you a jerk.

Droid800

Banned
Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
Assuming the Verizon nexus gets Wallet, I'll be showing them how I can pay for things with my phone. Not because it somehow makes my phone better than theirs, but because its so freaking cool.

Mr. Lennon

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
I

Update: I see that some of you are commenting about me getting a high-end android phone at an early age and not paying for it. I actually am paying for it with the money I earn from my online bike store and bike manufacturing business. Endo BMX | Van Nuys, CA 91406 / I put 10 percent of that money in to various charities and the rest goes in to the stock market; some going to the galaxy nexus. I am sorry that I made a controversial forum and please do not think that I am a snobby teenager. I try not to be. Thank you so much.

Shens.

Website says coming soon...how are you making money from it?

There are a billion places I could buy BMX bikes from...why would I buy from a website that looks like a 5 year old made it? :D

dannye123

May 11, 2011
Visit site
Yes, our new website is coming soon. I make money primarily from the brand I own: system bmx. I sell to local bike shops and get small-medium profit margins. I agree with you that the website looks bad; it is not my biggest priority as my biggest priority is succeeding in school because I am merely a high school student.

estebancam

May 7, 2010
Visit site
I will show off face unlock, the amazing browser with quick controls, social hangouts, 4G LTE, and the overall system look.

Also, people, the reason you didn't get a high end phone when you were 15 is because we didn't have Galaxy Nexus devices back then, silly. A flip phone was pretty much the hot thing even 6 years ago, let alone before that.

As time goes on, the people in this country have a higher standard of living. Another reason why "kids these days" get more than kids in the past.

If you wouldn't have said you are 15, I would have never known. You write better than 90% of the "adults" in these forums. In fact, I would say (as a 22 year old) that you don't mention your age from now on. In forums like these, it only makes people react to you in a completely different way, and you sound like the kind of person that likes to be treated as an adult.

humpagardengnome

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
I'll do what I always do when I encounrer someone using an iphone. I will walk right past them singing Old MacDonald had a farm......w/ a baa, baa here & a baa baa there, here a baa, there a baa, everywhere a baa baa"

Deltaechoe

Nov 2, 2011
Visit site
i don't generally flaunt to isheep, but when they say "My tech is better than your tech" I cooly reply, "And Apple has read every text that you ever sent with that"

SpaceHippie

Journeyman
Dec 21, 2010
Visit site
No need to say anything. When someone ask a question, your 4G speeds will shut them up. "What's that? Oh your page is still loading? Don't worry, the answer is 1947. But thanks anyway :) "

iastonish

Apr 19, 2011
Visit site
Shens.

Website says coming soon...how are you making money from it?

There are a billion places I could buy BMX bikes from...why would I buy from a website that looks like a 5 year old made it? :D

Why are you ripping on the kid? If he's making money and being productive, good for him.

Reactions: dannye123

CynicX

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site
These are all people I don't want to meet/know.

A person that flaunts the latest gadgets in your face and/or people that actively plan to do such. A person that is so insecure they get upset when someone buys something better then they have.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anzarkv