What's this phone missing?

shea-bird

Jan 19, 2012
Visit site
HTC is great about responding on their facebook page...and while they do confirm shipment to start in early April, they will give no specifics on the US... :( If we get shafted with a delayed release their rep will only continue downward...they need a timely release and solid battery life to get some momentum going...

Droid800

Banned
Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
HTC is great about responding on their facebook page...and while they do confirm shipment to start in early April, they will give no specifics on the US... :( If we get shafted with a delayed release their rep will only continue downward...they need a timely release and solid battery life to get some momentum going...

They have no control over S4-related delays.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

obi5683

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
It seems to have anything and everything you could ever want in a phone.

The only possible thing missing would be an AOSP build, but if you want that this isn't the phone for you anyway.

Looks like an excellent piece of kit.

Posts like these are just asking for a flame war. Haters gonna hate.

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
They have no control over S4-related delays.

I doubt it's anything S4 related. Most likely carrier related. Given the history of the carrier.

Posts like these are just asking for a flame war. Haters gonna hate.

Good thing I'm in here a lot then. :) Being a Super Moderator probably helps too. Starting threads that could get heated is best done by somebody with the ability to keep it on track. (you'll notice i start a lot of these kinds of threads in new device forums)

phonegeek#AC

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site
So at&t field testers just got the device from HTC last week and its only been in the field five days.

Mid-May or early June is the most likely release in the US.

PG

Droid800

Banned
Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
I doubt it's anything S4 related. Most likely carrier related. Given the history of the carrier.

Good thing I'm in here a lot then. :) Being a Super Moderator probably helps too. Starting threads that could get heated is best done by somebody with the ability to keep it on track. (you'll notice i start a lot of these kinds of threads in new device forums)

There was info being leaked at the end of this past week that it is related to the S4.

Droid800

Banned
Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
Did Android Central run it as news? If not I would question the reliability of the information. Or the importance honestly.

How could the foundry that makes the S4 stopping production not be of importance? The supply of chips has stopped and will not resume until the end of the month.

ChromeJob

Dec 16, 2011
Visit site
"I read it somewhere..." "I heard though the grapevine..." "My Rice Krispies told me, for certain..."

Without corroboration, these posts that claim to convey facts really seem suspect. I know, I know, I've done it too when I couldn't backtrack and find the source that I'd gotten some fact from. But these discussions really suffer when rumors and hearsay are thrown about like gospel....

</rant>

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
"I read it somewhere..." "I heard though the grapevine..." "My Rice Krispies told me, for certain..."

Without corroboration, these posts that claim to convey facts really seem suspect. I know, I know, I've done it too when I couldn't backtrack and find the source that I'd gotten some fact from. But these discussions really suffer when rumors and hearsay are thrown about like gospel....

</rant>

Slashgear ran it FWIW.

ChromeJob

Dec 16, 2011
Visit site
Oh, okay, WELL then. :D

I trust the Boyz of Android Central. ;) Have only been here a few months, but gather that y'all exercise some reasonable editorial skepticism and corroboration. My $0.002 [sic].

Hey, PhoneGeek, haven't heard from you on this phone for a while ... how'd the field testing go? Whaddya think of the phone after the time you had with it?

Last edited:

Sedrick

Sep 18, 2011
Visit site
I was ready to jump on this phone until I saw it only has 16gig storage? WTF is HTC thinking? I've got 20gigs music alone I carry on my iPhone. This is a deal breaker. DAMNIT!

Droid800

Banned
Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
I was ready to jump on this phone until I saw it only has 16gig storage? WTF is HTC thinking? I've got 20gigs music alone I carry on my iPhone. This is a deal breaker. DAMNIT!

Uhm. Ever heard of Google music? I have 32 gigs on my nexus and don't load a single song on it. I could easily get by with 16

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Sedrick

Sep 18, 2011
Visit site
Uhm. Ever heard of Google music? I have 32 gigs on my nexus and don't load a single song on it. I could easily get by with 16

You have unlimited data to stream all your own music back to you? I don't. On top of having lousy connectivity almost every where I go on ATT. In my office where I sit 9 hours a day, there's NO signal at all.

IceDree

= I C E D R E E = ?
Jul 1, 2010
Visit site

Google Music streams music which requires high speed DATA plan , a Good cellular coverage ...etc

Not to mention, Google music is US only service (maybe canada too, not sure)

Plus, streaming music isn't for everyone

IceDree

= I C E D R E E = ?
Jul 1, 2010
Visit site
An SD card , other than that its perfect.
I gotta say, I didn't like the One X allot at first, but it grew on me especially after reading Phil's & Alex's reviews

Here's my problem with the One X
It have been released in Saudi Arabia a while ago & its so damn expensive (the Tegra model) & its around 50 bucks shy than a Thousand dollars !!!!!!
thats allot of money for a phone

Droid800

Banned
Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
Google Music streams music which requires high speed DATA plan , a Good cellular coverage ...etc

Not to mention, Google music is US only service (maybe canada too, not sure)

Plus, streaming music isn't for everyone

Sounds like a bunch of excuses that don't reflect reality. If you buy a one x on att you'll have high speeds and decent coverage.

And there is literally no difference in the user experience between the streaming and native music. I haven't had any actual music on my device since December.

jroc

Jun 26, 2010
Visit site
Streaming music vs. sd card, on board storage...

Battery life is one reason to not stream. Not having to worry about coverage is another.

To save even more battery life I sometimes use airplane mode. I especially use it at my job in the building.

And like it was mentioned...every one doesn't have unlimited data. ppl on tiered plans do have to think about some things. I had to up my data plan from 2GB to 10. That was from using Netflix, Web browsing, forum apps mostly. Not even streaming music and I had to up it.

Last edited:

Speedygi

Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
I would definitely cite a lack of an SDCARD as one of my primary concerns, but what about the over-large sized screen....Wait, it's just me ing about that...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alex-1999