What's your movie source?

Rule9

Banned
Jun 2, 2013
Visit site
Damn, this tablet has spoiled me for movies from now on. I have a bunch of movies at home but they're all low res. The highest res ones I have are around 720p, but most are around 420p. So yesterday I got around to downloading the free Transformers 2 movies from Google Play Movies in 1080p. Holy mother of F! What a display!

But now I have a problem. I love movies but getting all my movies from Play is going to cost me hundreds of dollars. Just curious if anyone has ideas for a cheaper source of TRUE 1080p movies? Because those ones you see that say "1080pBluRayRip" are never actually true 1080p. Just before someone mentions Netflix, let me mention that I'm interested in getting HD Movies for offline viewing, not streaming over the internet.

anon(847090)

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
1080p movies?? now using Netflix + chromecast.. also I bought few of my favorite movies from play store.

FYI: I got Transformers and Ice age from my N4 and N10 purchase

Farish

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site
Legit sources?

The problem is that you have really 3 places to get movies.

Ultraviolet service, iTunes, Google Play.

Ultraviolet services allow for offline caching and/or streaming but the problem is that right now Android support is very limited and it isn't 1080p content on mobile.
iTunes means Apple Ecosystem and removing DRM.
Google Play works

I know some people who buy the 3 pack Blu ray sets with the DVD/Blu ray/ and digital copy but different studios use different digital copy formats and none of them use Google Play.

What they also do is sell of the DVD to help off load the cost.
Now that Android 4.3 has DRM support you may soon get better 1080p content from Ultraviolet, but they move really slow when it comes to this and a lot of that is on purpose.

Rule9

Banned
Jun 2, 2013
Visit site
Hm, ok thanks. I was hoping for a solution to my quandry but I guess there isn't one. I do have access to tons and tons of regular SD quality movies for a negligible cost but I'm always going to feel like I'm shorting myself now after seeing how nice the HD ones from Play store look on this display :(

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
usapana_098