Whatsapp plays system notification sound rather than the sound chosen from the app

AdrianFloresF

Jul 10, 2013
Visit site
Hi, guys.

I'm having some issues with Whatsapp notifications and I can't seem to
find a solution. Was hoping you could help me out here.

For some reason, when I get a message in whatsapp, my phone (Samsung GT-i8190) plays the system
notification sound instead of the sound chosen from Whatsapp's
settings. I've tried uninstalling-reinstalling, deleting the account and re-registering and it
doesn't seem to fix the problem. It also doesn't vibrate, even though the
vibrate option is enabled in the system settings and in Whatsapp settings.

This problem appeared after I accidentally uninstalled the app and then
reinstalled it again. Before that everything work perfectly.

Please, help me figure this out!

Thanks in advanced.

jaboop

Feb 6, 2013
Visit site
1) Click on Settings -- click on Profiles. Then move right to Group app management add a new one (with +), name it for example "whatsapp" add Whatspp aplication, then move left to profiles, create another one name it for example whatsapp there go to the bottom to the whatsapp (group of apps you have just created) and there turn on notifications (you can set the notification sound as well). Then enable this profile and you have sound notifications in whatsapp again!

If we were motivated by money, we would have sold the company a long time ago and ended up on a beach.
-Larry Page

AdrianFloresF

Jul 10, 2013
Visit site
Thanks, Jaboop.

So, the problem seems to have fixed itself after reinstalling one more time. But I want to know how to fix it in case it happens again.

Do you mean Android settings or Whatsapp settings? I don't see "Profiles" under Android settings. There's a "Profile" option in Whatsapp, but there's nothing in there similar to what you describe. I have Android 4.1.2

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Karri87880