When Can I Get This Band?

zedorda

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
It is a 22mm band on the Moto 360. You can use almost any 22mm band so don't bother waiting for Motorola's overpriced bands.

Last edited:

dungoyle

Dec 11, 2011
Visit site
November, based on what I'm reading. $300 for the watch with the metal band included, or get one now for $250, and buy the band separately for $80 when it finally ships. Many of us have opted for the Pebble Steel band which fits perfectly. I will be the first to admit it doesn't look as good as the Motorola metal band, but it looks pretty good for a lot less, and better than the leather band (IMO). It is only $20 at Best Buy -- walk in and walk out with a metal band.

20140919_055150.jpg

RicKaysen

Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
I want that particular band for the look. I'm aware it can take standard bands, but I don't want one that looks like the bands on my Omegas.

dungoyle

Dec 11, 2011
Visit site
I want that particular band for the look. I'm aware it can take standard bands, but I don't want one that looks like the bands on my Omegas.
Perfectly understandable. It's a helluva nice looking watch band. BTW, It won't take ALL 22mm standard watch bands, so for others considering an alternate band, do your research first.

Last edited:

ilifecomputer

Jul 21, 2012
Visit site
and also, OP, you actually wont be able to get that particular band (as far as we know). I think that motorola showed that one in those concepts early on but the new one is a little different. if you google moto 360 metal band you will see the new one. or the latest android central poll which should be on this page asking you if you like leather or links has a picture of it too. (too lazy to link)

roflwaffleton

May 19, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, I'm fairly certain that's just a concept band that won't see the light of day. Even the way it attaches is different from the final product.

Posted via Android Central App

HelloNNNewman

Administrator
Network Moderator
Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, I'm fairly certain that's just a concept band that won't see the light of day. Even the way it attaches is different from the final product.

Was just going to say the same thing. The band in that image is just a designer rendering and not the product that will be sold (sadly). Because of that, I ordered a Pebble Steel (silver) band on Amazon myself. Now I just have to wait for both to arrive. <sigh>

Penguwin

VR Expert
Nov 15, 2013
Visit site
I have recently spent some time playing with getting a metal band on the Moto 360. I ultimately went with a pebble steel band as well, as mentioned above.

If you want to read up some more about it or why a standard 22mm band will not work, check out my post HERE on sister site, Connectedly.

dungoyle

Dec 11, 2011
Visit site
and also, OP, you actually wont be able to get that particular band (as far as we know). I think that motorola showed that one in those concepts early on but the new one is a little different. if you google moto 360 metal band you will see the new one. or the latest android central poll which should be on this page asking you if you like leather or links has a picture of it too. (too lazy to link)

I was unaware of this. There's going to be a bunch of PO-d customers when that glamor watchband doesn't make it to reality. With a little searching I found what appears to be Motorola's actual metal watchband offerings, and if this is the case, I for one would not be waiting months and paying $80 for one. Glad I went forward with the Pebble Steel band.
183290-moto360metal.jpg

Green_Laser

Sep 4, 2010
Visit site
I'm more for a leather band guy, used to use metal and titanium on previous watches, find the leather more comfortable for me.

Regardless, what annoys me with the new metal bands which are to be the ones sold is that there's this void between the watch and the band, right where it connects, on the two sides. Ever since they changed the band it's bugged my eyes a bit. If you look at the pic in the posts before mine, look at the area where the band connects to the watch, the side links should continue and provide presence as if watch band connection is more solid looking, to look and seem like a stronger connection to the eye.

dungoyle

Dec 11, 2011
Visit site
I'm more for a leather band guy, used to use metal and titanium on previous watches, find the leather more comfortable for me.

Regardless, what annoys me with the new metal bands which are to be the ones sold is that there's this void between the watch and the band, right where it connects, on the two sides. Ever since they changed the band it's bugged my eyes a bit. If you look at the pic in the posts before mine, look at the area where the band connects to the watch, the side links should continue and provide presence as if watch band connection is more solid looking, to look and seem like a stronger connection to the eye.

I see what you are referring to on the Motorola watch bands, and I can understand your concern with that. Interestingly, on the Pebble Steel watch bands, that condition does not exist as you can clearly see in post #3 above.

Green_Laser

Sep 4, 2010
Visit site
I see what you are referring to on the Motorola watch bands, and I can understand your concern with that. Interestingly, on the Pebble Steel watch bands, that condition does not exist as you can clearly see in post #3 above.

I completely agree with you, sits flush with it, pebble band a real nice match

By the way, for those interested, a ceramic link band is a nice alternative too, as it can come in many different colors, and is a lot more scratch resistant than metal. Over time, metal simply gets these micro scratches which take away the bling aspect and making it look worn and old. Some metals, such as precious ones, ie gold, silver, can be easily polished, and buffed to give them a renewed look.
Ceramic should stay shiny. Con may be weight. But I understand the watch itself very light any way.

Duncan J

Jul 15, 2013
Visit site
I am also lamenting the loss of this band. I have spent a significant amount of time searching for anything remotely similar, and apart from specific band for specific watches (eg custom and not swappable) I have not found a 22mm compatible band (with the middle bit missing so it fits) anywhere.

The watch band was 70% of the look for me. I've still ordered a 360 through an importer but I'm preparing for a long period of disappointment with its looks.

I just hope the demand for this band is so large that a 3rd party make one. If they do I will buy it , even with a stupid price tag.