When do YOU think the Nexus Prime will release on Sprint?

When will it be here?

• Total voters

Zorachus

Apr 25, 2011
Visit site
Do we even truly know what Verizon is getting in the "Prime" ? Is it a true "Nexus" device, or will it be the Droid-Prime a supped up Galaxy S 2.5 ? Just weird that Verizon is getting first dibs at a Nexus device, after never selling them before.

But if true that Verizon is getting a true Nexus-Prime, then I would bet it will be several months before other carriers get the same device. Like Sprint had to wait 5 months for the Nexus-S.

Or third option, could be what Google said back in May that each carrier would get their own special Android 4.0 device to show off "Ice Cream", Verizon will be first with their Prime, but other carriers will also have new Ice Cream phones later this Fall.

tajam

Oct 5, 2011
Visit site
Considering BGR, the same source that assumed all the specs of iPhone 5 and said it'll be sprint exclusive, are the ones being sourced saying prime will be verizon exclusive......unreliable

nemov

Mar 7, 2010
Visit site
Considering BGR, the same source that assumed all the specs of iPhone 5 and said it'll be sprint exclusive, are the ones being sourced saying prime will be verizon exclusive......unreliable

Well, I guess that would be right if the source was only BGR. Multiple sources have stated it's coming to Verizon first.

Root.Me

Aug 10, 2011
Visit site
Well the Nexus S is pretty much in the Bargin Bin now with the ability to get it on 2yr for 50$ or less at various outlets. So I can't imagine it being much longer...

LMAO at the people who think Sprint wont get the Nexus.....Sprint is the only carrier that provides full integration of Google Services (GV, Google Wallet, etc) ...Sprint will probably be the launch carrier of the official "Nexus".

I agree with you completely about Sprint's integration with Google and your logic behind it. But here are my prediction about the release. T-Mobile will obviously get it because of their relationship with Google(Nick Sears/G1) exclusively for about a month. Then Sprint will get it because they basically sleep with Google and will receive the Nexus near the Holiday season or late January. And AT&T getting it last around mid Spring beginning of Summer. Verizon will not get the Nexus Prime, will instead receive Samsung's new baby the Droid Prime with updated specs to the Droid Charge as a replacement.

ottscay

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
I expect Verizon has a U.S. exclusive through the end of the the calendar year (that is, through the holiday season), with Sprint and AT&T getting theirs in Q1 2012. The real question is whether the variant released in 2012 will have the new Exynos chip (and perhaps that's when Verizon gets the slider version?).

wstevens

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
For a while, I was pretty confident that Sprint would get the next Nexus device. However, everything now seems to be pointing toward a Verizon exclusive at launch. My thought is that Verizon will get the next Nexus as an exclusive at launch with an unlocked/unbranded GSM version available as well. This is good news for AT&T/T-Mobile users because they'll be able to pick up the device as well, most likely not subsidized by their carrier though.

Sprint users may be the only ones that can't get this device for a few months. May/June timeframe seems realistic to me because it would put it 1 year from the Nexus S 4G release and would also align with Sprint's announcement of mid-2012 LTE phones. After a 6 month exclusive at Verizon, I could see Sprint getting the same LTE Nexus that Verizon gets as one of the first LTE phones available on Sprint.

I use Sprint, so I hope I am wrong and that Sprint does get the next Nexus faster. If I am correct though, at least I have a Nexus S 4G that should receive the Ice Cream Sandwich update faster than other devices out there.

drizek

Jul 2, 2010
Visit site
I really hope Sprint gets this phone. Even without 4G, it would be fine. Otherwise, I'm going to stick with the iPhone 4S.

I hear a rumor that Sprint is going to launch LTE with an iPhone 5 exclusive. I really don't see that happening though.

spridell

Jun 10, 2010
Visit site
Most of the rumors going around have this as a Verizon device and maybe ATT and T-mobile.

We havent heard anything about Sprint getting it.

I am thinking early next year we will get it. Sprint has had some pretty big phones already this year and I am thinking they are done for the year with big announcements. They are concentrating now on their LTE Roll out.

FitChicago

Nov 28, 2010
Visit site
A Sprint rep told me today that new Sprint Android devices will be released before the end of the year: one in late October and the rest in mid-November.

Remember in Sprint's iPhone announcement they mentioned pushing back a major Android device to accommodate the iPhone launch; might it be the Nexus Prime???

drizek

Jul 2, 2010
Visit site
Sprint just dropped their price for the Galaxy s II. Could this be why? Cause the Nexus is coming ! :O!

I'm going to bet its because they are going to have a bunch of people lining up outside their stores to buy the iPhone 4S this weekend, and they lowered the price to try and entice them to get a GS II instead once the iPhone goes out of stock.

Lucki

Aug 24, 2011
Visit site
^ I see.. but I like what FitChicago said :O. Let's hope so.. I am working with a original Palm pre battery dies within 4 5 hrs :'(. Need this phone on Sprint ASAP ! (NOV. 24th as I have read on some sites).

obi5683

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
I don't think that they will never get it, but I wouldn't hold my breath. Enjoy your SGSII. You might get ICS on it before you get the Nexus.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sdaservices2000