mysite.verizon.net
SOLVED: When I post, please auto-subscribe me to the thread

The title hopefully says it all.

To para-phrase, most VBulletin-based forums get tweaked, so
that if I either start a thread or post into an existing thread,
I automatically get 'subscribed' to it.

[Right now, I'm trying to remember to subscribe manually every time
I post, but it's a pain for us all to have to do that.] :(

[I see that there is an 'option' drop-down under USER-CP that COULD allow me to change
the default behavior, but there are NO OTHER CHOICES. Please fix that.]

TIA...

Dave

Last edited:

gvillager

Oct 31, 2009
Visit site
In User CP click on "Edit Options" and change the "Default Thread Subscription Mode" to "Instant Email Notification."

cookdav

Nov 7, 2009
mysite.verizon.net
In User CP click on "Edit Options" and change the "Default Thread Subscription Mode" to "Instant Email Notification."

I think you're talking about something slightly different (how one gets NOTIFIED
when someone posts to a thread already-subscribed-to).

[Whereas, it's getting auto-subscribed that I want them to offer an option for.]

gvillager

Oct 31, 2009
Visit site
I think you're talking about something slightly different (how one gets NOTIFIED
when someone posts to a thread already-subscribed-to).

[Whereas, it's getting auto-subscribed that I want them to offer an option for.]

Nope, not talking about anything different. The description of the "Default Thread Subscription Mode" feature says:

"When you post a new thread, or reply to a topic, you can choose to automatically add that thread to your list of subscribed threads, with the option to receive email notification of new replies to that thread."

In other words, I am automatically subscribed to a thread I create or reply to AND I get instant email notification when new replies are posted.

Jeremy

Original Member
Oct 24, 2008
Visit site
Nope, not talking about anything different. The description of the "Default Thread Subscription Mode" feature says:

"When you post a new thread, or reply to a topic, you can choose to automatically add that thread to your list of subscribed threads, with the option to receive email notification of new replies to that thread."

In other words, I am automatically subscribed to a thread I create or reply to AND I get instant email notification when new replies are posted.

You are correct sir. ;)

cookdav

Nov 7, 2009
mysite.verizon.net

I didn't read carefully. I agree that the feature you mention IS what I want.

However, that does NOT solve it for ME, as when I go to that option, there
is no other choice than 'Do not subscribe'. The drop-down arrow reveals
an EMPTY-list of no (other) choices.

WTF? :confused:

I wonder why it is picking on only ME?

[Maybe my post-count needs to reach some value higher than it is now???
It wouldn't let me post a URL, until I had a post-count of 5, so maybe I'm
still too much of a newbie to change my subscription mode!?]

I'll post back here again to this thread, if I ever solve it. :p

Last edited:

cookdav

Nov 7, 2009
mysite.verizon.net
Ok, I figured it out (and fixed it)!

Once I logged in using Firefox (aka IceWeasel) browser, it shows me the list of
4 other choices.

It's a browser bug. I WAS using the new Google-Chrome for Linux version 4.0.237.0.

EDIT:[Note: The WINDOWS-version of Google-Chrome browser (version#: 3.0.195.32) does NOT
have the bug, despite its lower version#, as they are totally different code-bases, from what I hear.]

Solved.

Last edited: