When taking a call

Jude526

Trusted Member
Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
And on the call I can hear the sound I have for email and message notifications. I found how to stop this on the incredible but can't find it on the thunderbolt. Weird I can't find this.
Thanks to anyone who knows

sent from my Thunderbolt via tapatalk

defcon999

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
And on the call I can hear the sound I have for email and message notifications. I found how to stop this on the incredible but can't find it on the thunderbolt. Weird I can't find this.
Thanks to anyone who knows

What I would like to know....maybe you know SISTER....how do you stop message notifications (Vibrate) when on a phonecall. I have been on the phone with the Ex-wife and I get a notification and then she asks "What was that?"....I personally don't care what she thinks, but it has happened with other people.

I know I could figure it out, but I am lazy...it's Friday and I have a beer waiting for me at home!

Jude526

Trusted Member
Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
That's why I asked. LOL. Only I hear the sound I have set. I have looked and can't find it. Thought this was basically set up same as incredible. I will email HTC. But brother dear they probably know me by first name basis now
Enjoy your beer

defcon999

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
I not only have different notification sound for phone and message it is a different sound for certain callers. I don't get the problem? Javelinas messin with settings perhaps?

Jude526

Trusted Member
Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
I have diff tones for contacts too.
I just got off the phone with Verizon tech support. Nothing in the settings. He suggests we email HTC and bring to their attention and have them resove in a software update. He also suggested using 3rd party sms. No thanks for me on that. Have tried them. Prefer stock.

And no...javelina aren't bothering me. Lol

Jude526

Trusted Member
Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
Hate being on the phone and get an email or text and hear the notification sound in my ear. Annoying !!!

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
Hate being on the phone and get an email or text and hear the notification sound in my ear. Annoying !!!

Oh, I didn't understand the problem. That sound during call doesn't bother me so I didn't notice it.

Last edited:

Jude526

Trusted Member
Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
OK gang
I have an answer and not what we want !
This is not available on the Thunderbolt. Just got off the phone with HTC. Don't we need to all ban together and email asking they include this in a software update. It was on the Incredible. Why not on the bolt do not know.

So......email them. ! I am right now
Judi

Cyber Warrior

Robots Will Kill
Nov 28, 2010
Visit site
Not sure about the default email or text apps.... but for example if you use a 3rd party app like Handcent for SMS, in the settings there is an option for "play sound/vibrate" during a call. I believe K9 Mail has the same features (its been a while since I've used K9) but as for the stock Gmail/SMS apps... there is no setting for this that I know of.

The most you could possibly do with Gmail would be to set the notifications to "notify once" instead of notify for every new message. I personally like the notification sound to go off for every single message though.

defcon999

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
Not sure about the default email or text apps.... but for example if you use a 3rd party app like Handcent for SMS, in the settings there is an option for "play sound/vibrate" during a call.

Say it isn't that simple, I have Handcent and GoSMS (along with the installed message program). I am liking GoSMS cause you can assign notification tones to indivdual users. So, I went in to HANDCENT and flip the vibrate button and hopefully it works...will have to wait to have someone call me.

Edit: I went into the DEFAULT message program and under settings I clicked it to not notify me of messages because I prefer GoSMS.

.....sitting here waiting

.....waiting

.....waiting

what?...no one loves me?

Last edited:

FrankXS

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
Not sure about the default email or text apps.... but for example if you use a 3rd party app like Handcent for SMS, in the settings there is an option for "play sound/vibrate" during a call. I believe K9 Mail has the same features (its been a while since I've used K9) but as for the stock Gmail/SMS apps... there is no setting for this that I know of.

The most you could possibly do with Gmail would be to set the notifications to "notify once" instead of notify for every new message. I personally like the notification sound to go off for every single message though.
Yep. Agreed. It's a shame. Even WinMo 5 alowed for a notification sound to be heard by the phone user but not the remote end. How hard is that?

-Frank

sakasune

Jul 1, 2010
Visit site
What I do is I configured a profile in Setting Profiles (Market link) to set the Alarm, System, and Notification sounds to their minimal sound levels while on a call (rule condition for any incoming or outgoing call).
There is also a free version of the app that only allows one profile to be active at a time

Reactions: Cyber Warrior

Jude526

Trusted Member
Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
thanks all. Appreciate the help. It was easy on the Incredible so when I did get a call, the notifications wouldn't sound off ! It is annoying especially if it is an important call.............like for job interviews !

Jude526

Trusted Member
Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
Say it isn't that simple, I have Handcent and GoSMS (along with the installed message program). I am liking GoSMS cause you can assign notification tones to indivdual users. So, I went in to HANDCENT and flip the vibrate button and hopefully it works...will have to wait to have someone call me.

Edit: I went into the DEFAULT message program and under settings I clicked it to not notify me of messages because I prefer GoSMS.

.....sitting here waiting

.....waiting

.....waiting

what?...no one loves me?

maybe I will try on the Tbolt. Didn't like it on the Incredible. I am set in my ways on some things !

kingkongsmith

Jun 11, 2011
Visit site
Here to put the thunderbolt on blast! alot of people phone hopping...that's cool but im upgrading until it really a upgrade. The bionic fell cause of the screen. Good phone though, but I need the full package. Sg2 is great but lack development. can't wait til htc come out with the next "wow"phone. Till then my thunderbolt is here to stay. Battery life is great, running up to standard with any dual core....being rooted that is, using synergy rom.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Martin_Markov