When using Google search, LG keyboard doesn't have word suggestions

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

I've set the LG keyboard (LG G8 ThinQ) to use word suggestions/predictive text. It works great unless I'm using Google Search, then there's nothing.

anderbri414

Jan 2, 2020
Visit site
See attachments, first screen shot is using gmail and it has suggested words and the second screen shot is google search without word suggestion.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2020-01-12-16-43-49~3.jpg
    Screenshot_2020-01-12-16-43-49~3.jpg
    104.5 KB · Views: 5
  • Screenshot_2020-01-12-16-42-17~2.jpg
    Screenshot_2020-01-12-16-42-17~2.jpg
    119.8 KB · Views: 4

Sisk12567

Apr 1, 2021
Visit site
I also have this exact issue. My phone is an LG Velvet running Android 11. The issue is with the Google search app using the LG keyboard. There is a workaround if you switch your default keyboard to Google's default keyboard (called Gboard) using the keyboard icon in the bottom right of the screen. But I dislike that keyboard.

Any help would be great!

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I also have this exact issue. My phone is an LG Velvet running Android 11. The issue is with the Google search app using the LG keyboard. There is a workaround if you switch your default keyboard to Google's default keyboard (called Gboard) using the keyboard icon in the bottom right of the screen. But I dislike that keyboard.

Any help would be great!
Hi, welcome to AC!

Can try 2 things clear your data and force stop stock keyboard or clear data/force stop Google app

Brittb3

Dec 8, 2021
Visit site
Hi, welcome to AC!

Can try 2 things clear your data and force stop stock keyboard or clear data/force stop Google app

My lg g7 thinq is having this issue. No predictive text when using chrome search bar but everything else the text shows up. Force stopping chrome doesn't work and restarting phone doesn't work. I don't know how to Force stop the stock keyboard. I don't see it in the apps.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
My lg g7 thinq is having this issue. No predictive text when using chrome search bar but everything else the text shows up. Force stopping chrome doesn't work and restarting phone doesn't work. I don't know how to Force stop the stock keyboard. I don't see it in the apps.
Hi welcome to AC!
You dont see your keyboard in settings>apps?
Try settings>apps>3 dots upper right corner tap >system apps ?