Where are SMS messages stored?

chshrkt

Jun 20, 2010
Visit site
Does anyone know the directory where messages are stored when I plug my DInc2 in as a hard drive?

My wife needs to have the thread (i.e. about 30-40 back and forth texts) from an SMS conversation with someone that she can copy/paste into a word processor.

Thank you

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
To my knowledge they are stored on the devices internal memory under app/data which requires root access. Then I'm not sure if they are even in a readable format, they may have to be coded to read.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site

Chris3D

Sep 21, 2010
Visit site
Glad you accomplished what you needed. Just for informational purposes, sms and mms messages are stored in:

data/data/com.android.providers.telephony/databases/mmssms.db

Reactions: chshrkt

Mach X

Feb 20, 2013
Visit site
If I want to remove that DB, can I root without losing anything on my phone? Is is possible to access that to flush it on my Nexus 4?

jlgraham

Dec 17, 2009
Visit site
I've always used SMS Backup +, backs up to gmail and can restore as well. Word of caution though, I tried to backup my SMS's when I switched phones, and for some reason messages won't restore on my Moto X w/4.4

sockeblu

Nov 29, 2014
Visit site
Is there a way of accessing the text message folder and retrieving old text messages on a GS4 that has no usable touch screen (shattered), and then transferring to new GS4?

ambrosia831

Apr 5, 2016
Visit site
my android is rooted and I removed the sd to scan for deleted texts. the first folder is 'Android', but it has a sub folder named 'data'. after that, however, everything is named either cc.something or com.something...no additional sub folders for data :/ I was able to retrieve all the old photos though...not sure why no texts!

Iron352

Nov 30, 2016
Visit site
My only question is where can I get my deleted pictures or messages I've recieved on my Samsung. I'm not sure where to look to acess my sms or SIM card, whatever it involves if anyone can help me with that, that'd be great.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Core Prime

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jokomad