Where are the Google apps in the all apps list?

Tekk nj

Feb 11, 2015
Visit site
I have a folder on my home screen called Google that contains all the installed Google apps. However, none of those apps are displayed in the all apps list. How can I make them visible on that page.

Tim1954

Q&A Team
Jan 17, 2016
Visit site
If you open that folder, long press on the apps you want and drag them around on the screen. That puts the widget where you can reach it easily...

Tekk nj

Feb 11, 2015
Visit site
Yes, that's true from the home screen. But I was referring to the all apps page (where apps and widgets are displayed) which displays all the apps installed on the device. But after further review of what is displayed. The first button in the list is the Google apps folder. It just didn't catch my eye. I guess this is a feature. That being placing all Google apps into a folder in the all apps list page instead of having them individually displayed.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Certain launchers allow folders to be created within the App Drawer (Samsung does this as well). You can usually change the way the App Drawer is sorted -- when you're in the drawer, look for a menu button at the upper right, and see if it lets you change sorting to Alphabetical.

Tekk nj

Feb 11, 2015
Visit site
Looks like that's what is happening here. The Google folder within the all apps list (app drawer) can't be changed. The only thing I can do when I select it, is place individual apps to the home screen or place the entire folder to the home screen. It's all good though. I just couldn't understand why I couldn't see all the Google apps in the drawer (separately) when I knew they were installed. But once I saw that folder it all came together. thx

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
Looks like that's what is happening here. The Google folder within the all apps list (app drawer) can't be changed. The only thing I can do when I select it, is place individual apps to the home screen or place the entire folder to the home screen. It's all good though. I just couldn't understand why I couldn't see all the Google apps in the drawer (separately) when I knew they were installed. But once I saw that folder it all came together. thx

They did that with a few folders. Mine is on Verizon and it has Amazon, Google, LG, Verizon and Tools as folders. I don't normally see that though because I use Nova Launcher.