Where can I find some good quality live wallpaper?

Beth Lam

Mar 17, 2015
Visit site
live wallpaper issues

Hello there,
I am finding it extremely difficult to find any live "video" wallpapers out there that aren't slow and choppy or anywhere near realistic speeds. Almost all of the apps will have comments about how realistic and smooth the videos are, but they look like crap on mine. Since the G3 is a pretty new device, shouldn't it work well with these kinds of things?? There are just a couple I've found that actually look like real videos....

Thanks, Beth

UBRocked

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Re: live wallpaper issues

Can you link to any of them (or just tell me the exact title of the app)? I could test and tell you how it runs on mine. Could be a device specific issue. I don't run with a LWP normally but I have in the past and they ran fine for me honestly.

Beth Lam

Mar 17, 2015
Visit site

There are so many that are titled the same:

"Beach Video Live Wallpaper" - by Ezzardel (the video example of the wallpaper is smooth and normal, but my download isn't)

"Ocean Waves Live" - by Andu Dun (he has several, some free, some paid)

"Beautiful Beach", "The Best Beach Video LWP", "Beach Video Live Wallpaper" - all by Karaso

UBRocked

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site

"Beach Video Live Wallpaper" runs horribly on my device too. No matter what the FPS is set to. I tried Sunset Beach Live Wallpaper by Byte Mobile and it was better but not great. I'm guessing they are not optimized for the 2K display on the LG G3. Might just be a trial and error thing for you.

UBRocked

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site

My Beach (free) and My Beach HD (paid) is one I purchased years ago. It runs smooth but it is computer generated graphics versus being actual video.

Beth Lam

Mar 17, 2015
Visit site

Well thanks for checking!

So frustrating, there are dozens out there and none of them work right. I know it's a trivial thing, but it drives me nuts. Is it too much to ask for a nice view of the beach for this poor land locked girl?! :)

UBRocked

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site

Did you check out the "My Beach" free version? It does run fine and looks good (even if not completely realistic). Sorry...I know these "trivial" things are the things that can drive you crazy the most.

UBRocked

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site

I can't tell if you are joking or serious...but either way, you may be right LOL! Have you tried something like Video Live Wallpaper by C.C.P Creations? You could download stock footage of a beach from a site like Videezy and use that. I'm going to test and see if it's smooth cause like you, I can't find a real footage LWP that doesn't run like crap on the G3. Strange...

UBRocked

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site

Okay so that works. Looks decent...better than anything else I could find. Now you do have to note that 720P or higher is jittery. I had to convert a video I found to 480P resolution and it worked pretty well. Can't really tell a notable quality difference. I'll send you a PM with a link to the file I used so you can download it and try it.

UBRocked

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site

Omaha is well known for their high quality beaches for sure! :)

Okay, let me know if you need anything else. The video I sent you wasn't anything spectacular. Proof of concept mostly. If you can find a "prettier" beach video...just send me the link (via private message if needed due to the "no links" before 10 post rule) and I can convert it to a quality that plays smoothly.

Beth Lam

Mar 17, 2015
Visit site

I haven't had a lot of time to fiddle with it, but I downloaded one video and trimmed it down. My problem is that when I convert it to 720 or 480, the frame is cropped about into 1/3 of it's original size so only a small portion of the original shot is seen. I don't know how all that compressing and video editing works, so dunno if it's just me doing something wrong or what.

I did find one in the play store - Beach Real Live Wallpaper by Byte Mobile that is perfect. So, I don't know why others don't work when this one will....

Last edited:

UBRocked

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site

Well, and on your phone, it will usually be shown in portrait so that will seriously crop the sides off the video. The further away the beach is in the video, the more you'd be able to see but that cropping will still occur. I tried the one from Byte Mobile and it ran better for me but didn't run extremely smooth. Glad to hear you are having better results with it.

Goosinurwife

Jan 19, 2015
Visit site

hey i live neer this place all my life its called south padre island sopadre.com if you want il take some video there an share it here will be goin to visit some relatives next month il get some video and pics then around april 2

Sep 29, 2014
Visit site

Hello there,
I am finding it extremely difficult to find any live "video" wallpapers out there that aren't slow and choppy or anywhere near realistic speeds. Almost all of the apps will have comments about how realistic and smooth the videos are, but they look like crap on mine. Since the G3 is a pretty new device, shouldn't it work well with these kinds of things?? There are just a couple I've found that actually look like real videos....

Thanks, Beth

Whatch... They're battery drainers.

Posted via the Android Central App

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay