Where is 2.0

kf6kmx

Jun 16, 2010
Visit site
My understanding was it wasn't going to drop until the 15th... Last I heard the new LG watches had it exclusively until 2/15 then it starts pushing to the rest of us.
Unless you opted for a 2.0 developer preview, then I have no idea....

jhilker

Trusted Member
Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
My understanding was it wasn't going to drop until the 15th... Last I heard the new LG watches had it exclusively until 2/15 then it starts pushing to the rest of us.
Unless you opted for a 2.0 developer preview, then I have no idea....
Where did you get the 15th?

jhilker

Trusted Member
Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
But I guess that's the date it's released to the manufacturers, right? I'm thinking it might be longer before they push it to us...

From that Pocket-lint article:
For existing devices, Google is releasing the software to manufacturers on 15 February. This will need to be tested by individual companies before it is sent as an over-the-air update.

anon(749368)

Apr 10, 2012
Visit site
Given that individual manufacturers don't mess with the OS as they do on Android phones, it may be that the release happens sooner rather than later

jhilker

Trusted Member
Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
I was thinking the difference in hardware on various devices might have more of an impact on the release, like the various number of buttons each watch has.

kf6kmx

Jun 16, 2010
Visit site
I was thinking the difference in hardware on various devices might have more of an impact on the release, like the various number of buttons each watch has.
Don't think there will be any significant delay. The number of buttons etc should be a relatively easy support change. Especially for brands like Huawei that have a single button to support.

kf6kmx

Jun 16, 2010
Visit site
Don't think there will be any significant delay. The number of buttons etc should be a relatively easy support change. Especially for brands like Huawei that have a single button to support.
Not like the huge programming changes made by brands to support phone hardware :)

Zobbyb

May 12, 2016
Visit site
Looking at xda forums they reckon it won't appear now until March when they release the huawei watch 2. This disappoints me.

PookiePrancer

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
It took the Huawei Watch about a month to get the last major update. No reason to think this one will be any different. I suspect some time in mid-March.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
skyfirebird