Where to buy music...

sicario666

Dec 27, 2009
Visit site
I have everything hooked up right now and I'm trying it. I have a PC, let's see what happens

Sent from my Pixel 7 Pro using Tapatalk

sicario666

Dec 27, 2009
Visit site
For a Mac, you'd have to use Android File Transfer, which can be a little buggy.

If you have a PC, you could install iTunes on the PC, download the music track there, then connect the phone to the PC via USB. Swipe down the notification panel, tap the USB notification, and make sure it's set to File Transfer. Then use Windows File Explorer to drag and drop the music file from the PC's hard drive to the phone directory of your preference (I suggest the /Music directory that's there by default).
Where is the file location at in itunes?

No_autorizado

Feb 11, 2023
Visit site
I'm sure I won't notice the difference in sound quality. I'm not an audio connoisseur. Now if it was bad enough, maybe I would say something. Converting it is my best option as of yet.

The resonance and engagement factor is higher when consuming music at CD quality or better.

sicario666

Dec 27, 2009
Visit site
I tried covering it to aac. The conversion went fine, it was the drag and drop didn't work. I was able to copy the files but not paste

Laura Knotek

Moderator Captain
Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
The resonance and engagement factor is higher when consuming music at CD quality or better.
Let's keep this thread on topic. The OP is not interested in a debate about the sound quality of various formats.

Please keep discussion productive and on topic. Personal attacks, insults, taking threads off topic and other disruptive posting behaviors are not acceptable. If you do not like a post, please behave like an adult and move on, or if you feel it violates the forum rules, please report it. At no point should members be calling each other out in posts. Thanks.

Sent from my SM-S908U1 using Tapatalk

Tomster88

Apr 13, 2014
Visit site
How do you go about getting the files onto your device? Being that the pixel sports AAC, shouldn't it just be a simple copy/paste?

It's not copy and paste, you have to drag the file from the computer's hard drive onto the music folder of the pixel. 7. Some people here might have better apps they use. I just use Android file transfer on the Mac. Once I plug in my pixel 7 to the Mac, the Android file transfer app just pops up and it gives me a list of all the folders on my phone. And then I select the music files that I want to transfer on the Mac and drag them onto the music folder on the Pixel. 7

Sent from my Pixel 7 Pro using AC Forums mobile app

sicario666

Dec 27, 2009
Visit site
It's not copy and paste, you have to drag the file from the computer's hard drive onto the music folder of the pixel. 7. Some people here might have better apps they use. I just use Android file transfer on the Mac. Once I plug in my pixel 7 to the Mac, the Android file transfer app just pops up and it gives me a list of all the folders on my phone. And then I select the music files that I want to transfer on the Mac and drag them onto the music folder on the Pixel. 7

Sent from my Pixel 7 Pro using AC Forums mobile app
Ok. It sounds like a different method using a PC and itunes to transfer onto a device. Opposed to using a Mac and transferring from itunes to the pixel. I'm not using Android file transfer

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Ok. It sounds like a different method using a PC and itunes to transfer onto a device. Opposed to using a Mac and transferring from itunes to the pixel. I'm not using Android file transfer

Did you see my previous response explaining how to copy the tracks from your PC to the phone?

paradroid

Aug 26, 2010
Visit site
I ripped my 400+ CDs and uploaded them to Google Play Music (now morphed to Youtube Music) years ago.
If I wanted to buy music more music and own it so I did not have to stream, I would buy CDs on Ebay for $5 or less and rip them with a ~$20 external cd player if my computer did not have a built in CD.

It should be noted that streaming services allow you to download a ton of music to your phone so you have it if offline.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finsrepair