Where to buy music...

No_autorizado

Feb 11, 2023
Visit site
Where to get music and how to get it safely are legitimate questions! When Google Play Music morphed into YouTube I was in a similar situation. What may be problematic or concerning for some phone users may not be for others -- either way, it's all good!

I gave him a valid and safe way to get music and in a better quality than the method he's currently thinking of.

Tomster88

Apr 13, 2014
Visit site
Care to explain your process?I have a lot of music bought on itunes and it would be nice to continue buying there and convert it for use on my pixel.

Sent from my Pixel 7 Pro using Tapatalk
I use the iTunes app to convert songs from aac format to mp3 on my computer. Then I plug in my phone to my Mac using USBC port. Then I open up an app called Android File Transfer. That app allows you to look into your phone's folders when it's plugged in. And then I drag the mp3s to the music folder and that's how I get them onto my phone. I hope that helps.

Sent from my Pixel 7 Pro using AC Forums mobile app

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I gave him a valid and safe way to get music and in a better quality than the method he's currently thinking of.

One thing to keep in mind is that CD/DVD-ROM players are no longer a standard component of most laptops, so if the OP has a more recent laptop (and not a desktop), there's a good chance they'd have to buy an external optical drive to rip CDs. Granted, they're pretty inexpensive, but it's just an extra hassle.

No_autorizado

Feb 11, 2023
Visit site
One thing to keep in mind is that CD/DVD-ROM players are no longer a standard component of most laptops, so if the OP has a more recent laptop (and not a desktop), there's a good chance they'd have to buy an external optical drive to rip CDs. Granted, they're pretty inexpensive, but it's just an extra hassle.

Extra hassle that's worth it and it'll sound a lot better.

Reactions: 1Coopgt

sicario666

Dec 27, 2009
Visit site
Yeah. I've thought about that. My laptop doesn't have a CD ROM drive. My wife does have an external drive for her MacBook but I'm not sure how the MacBook will see the Android device. It's as easy as checking it out, just haven't yet

No_autorizado

Feb 11, 2023
Visit site
I use the iTunes app to convert songs from aac format to mp3 on my computer. Then I plug in my phone to my Mac using USBC port. Then I open up an app called Android File Transfer. That app allows you to look into your phone's folders when it's plugged in. And then I drag the mp3s to the music folder and that's how I get them onto my phone. I hope that helps.

Converting AAC to mp3? Are you serious?

sicario666

Dec 27, 2009
Visit site

That's actually pretty simple. How do you convert the files?

No_autorizado

Feb 11, 2023
Visit site
That's actually pretty simple. How do you convert the files?

You do not want to do this unless you are deaf to frequencies above 8khz. Converting from lossy to lossy diminishes the sound quality by a lot. The best way is to rip from CD to FLAC. If you don't have a CD drive, you can buy one.

sicario666

Dec 27, 2009
Visit site
I'm sure I won't notice the difference in sound quality. I'm not an audio connoisseur. Now if it was bad enough, maybe I would say something. Converting it is my best option as of yet.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Anyone who isn't half deaf will notice that. There's no point in converting AAC to mp3. Especially since the pixel natively supports AAC.

Ok, we understand your position. I'm not "half deaf", and although I appreciate high quality music tracks, lossy formats don't necessarily sound like garbage to me. It's a matter of listening preference.

No_autorizado

Feb 11, 2023
Visit site
I'm sure I won't notice the difference in sound quality. I'm not an audio connoisseur. Now if it was bad enough, maybe I would say something. Converting it is my best option as of yet.

There's -99999999999999999999999999999999 need to convert to mp3 from AAC.

sicario666

Dec 27, 2009
Visit site
Now if I can just drag and drop aac files from itunes. How do I accomplish it?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Now if I can just drag and drop aac files from itunes. How do I accomplish it?

For a Mac, you'd have to use Android File Transfer, which can be a little buggy.

If you have a PC, you could install iTunes on the PC, download the music track there, then connect the phone to the PC via USB. Swipe down the notification panel, tap the USB notification, and make sure it's set to File Transfer. Then use Windows File Explorer to drag and drop the music file from the PC's hard drive to the phone directory of your preference (I suggest the /Music directory that's there by default).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
teapotsax