Which 10" android tablet is the current #1?

Mutt

Sep 14, 2011
Visit site
I rarely post so let me say hi. I lurk here a lot reading articles via RSS on flipboard. Devastated when WebOS **** the bed I made the switch to the Galaxy S2 & now the S4. I'm here today looking for tablet advice and there are so many sub forums I don't even know the right spot to ask.

I'm handing my 64GB iPad 2 down to my wife and getting a 10" android tablet but I don't know which one. I love my S4 & want the tablet to rock. If there was a 10" S4 it would be problem solved. At the very least it needs to be better than my hand me down.

• The Google Nexus 10 looks great but there's no microSD slot & the reviews are a 7 months old. Seems like something better has to have come around.
  • I see great Galaxy Note 10 reviews but they are a year old. Again seems like there would be something newer / better.
  • The Galaxy Tab 3 10 just came out but reviews say it missed the mark leading me to believe the Note or Nexus are better.

so I've tried doing my research but still no closer to an answer and need some input. can I get your 2 cents or at least point me to the best subforum for tablet comparison / reviews?

PS - while typing this I realized the 1st reply will be something like "search is your friend" so i did a search and found lots of similar threads. I'm hitting submit anyway because I'm no closer to picking one.

Mutt

Sep 14, 2011
Visit site
thanks debraazn & xlDeMoNiClx

just wish it had a microsd slot so I could drop videos on it for traveling. I guess 32gb is plenty but I'd always like the option for more in case it turns out it's not.

nancybout

Sep 5, 2012
Visit site
U love s4 than get the galaxy tab or the galaxy note 10..
I have nexus 7... the iPad 32 screen cracked, I cab fix that right?
I gave to my 6 ye old and 10 year old cracked it....great!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

Mutt

Sep 14, 2011
Visit site
I was looking around again today and since you guys are all about the nexus (and honestly I am too) I may drag my feet and wait for the nexus 11. If rumors can be believed it seems like it will have everything we like the nexus 10 for plus the microsd slot. (of course other upgrades too) I still have the ipad so waiting till Oct won't be the end of the world.
Nexus 11: Release Date, Specs, Other Rumors About Samsung's New Google Nexus Tablet [REPORT] - International Digital Times
Google Nexus 11 to be Released in October 2013 with Samsung's Octa-core Processor, NVIDIA GeForce, Super PLUS TFT Display and 8-Megapixel Primary Camera - International Business Times
369724-new-device-concepts-feature-nexus-5-nexus-8-nexus-11-google-on-course-.jpg

nancybout, that was my thinking, I'd just get the galaxy tab 3 thinking it's essentially a big S4 but I have found 1 glowing review like I do w/ the nexus.

PS - I used to lay in bed at night and "read the paper". that's what I called browsing flipboard on the ipad of all the RSS feeds i've subscribed to from sites like this one. recently I haven't even bothered getting it out & have been perfectly happy doing it from my S4. Even if I hand my ipad down now, the S4 will fill the void fine until the Nexus 11 comes out.

thanks everyone.

Mutt

Sep 14, 2011
Visit site

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
New devices will always be around the corner. So if you can wait for the next Gen Nexus tablet, if there is such a table, then wait :). If you need a tablet now then a Nexus is probably the one to get.